Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2019, 05:46 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

2004 Thomas Short bus (Lynchburg, VA) $15,000

We bought this bus in Las Vegas, NV at the beginning of this year from the school district. We started converting it before moving to VA but didn not have time to finish it before we were forced to move out of it. It has the following:
-electrical (three solar panels on top, charge controller, storage batteries, outlets and breakers)
-wood stove (from tinywoodstove, rear exit pipe so that the top can be used to cook on)
-6’1” ceilings (I’m 5’8” and fit very comfortably inside)
-bedframe and couch areas installed (can easily be removed if wanted)
-insulation in the ceiling and walls
-two 50 gallon water tanks (the clean water tank is currently installed to give access from the side handicap door and the other one was for grey water but it is not installed)
-one school seat with the built in car seats is still installed
-kitchen counters, with quartz countertops and stainless steel sink
-electric water pump (not currently installed)
-laminate floors
-white curtains that line the bus
-“garage” that can be accessed from rear emergency exit and is located under the bed
-Allison and Cummings
-title says the bus is a smaller weight, so the dmv in vegas told us that a class C license is not required (I would check with your local dmv to make sure)
-may need a new battery (it’s needs to be jump started at first, but when we drove it across the country we never had any issues with it starting back up. We only had to jump start it when it hadn’t been driven for months.)
-slight oil leak (checked out by a mechanic that said it’s fine as long as you tip off the oil, which we have a brand new five gallon bucket of)

We would like $15,000 to try and get back some of the money we put into adding electric/solar/stove/kitchen, but are willing to negotiate. It is currently in Lynchburg, VA. It must be picked up (we are full time student and don’t have time to drive it anywhere).

Feel free to email me at maddyshea12@gmail.com for more information or questions.
If it’s possible, I will update this post with information as people request it. I am also working on adding photos but since I am using my phone it is being weird.

Maddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:04 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Cat3126
How long?

Is this bus still up for sale? How long is it? Can you provide those pics?
Thanks!
Karen
Kaleth2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:09 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Yes it is still for sale. It is about 30 ft. I have not been able to upload photos in here since I have only had internet on my phone. But if you email me I can send them over to you that way
Old 12-06-2019, 04:09 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
what engine and transmission?

Pictures would be helpful as well.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 04:59 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Allison and Cummings.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:46 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
Allison and Cummings.
What that a detailed reply. Allison makes several model of trans as well as Cummins several motors. You'll need to be a bit more specific, they are both important numbers.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:51 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Oh, sorry. I didn’t know you wanted the specifics. I will get them next time we go to our piece of land. I can try to stop by Sunday
Old 12-06-2019, 06:53 PM   #8
Bus Geek

Quote:
Oh, sorry. I didn’t know you wanted the specifics. I will get them next time we go to our piece of land. I can try to stop by Sunday
Do you have any paperwork with the VIN #on it? We can tell you what's in it before Sun.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:56 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

I don’t have it with me.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:04 PM   #10
Bus Geek

Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Allison and Cummings.

Cummins does not have a "g".

So, what Allison transmission and which Cummins engine are in the bus?
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 09:08 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

I didn’t realize my phone was autocorrecting that. I guess I should check my messages before I post them. Thank you!
I’m not sure. I will get them Sunday. The bus is on a piece of land outside of the city and I don’t have the paperwork with me.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:25 AM   #12
Mini-Skoolie

Transmission is AD2000
Engine is EFISB205
Old 12-07-2019, 10:40 AM   #13
Mini-Skoolie

Old 12-15-2019, 05:09 AM   #14

Hello my name is Brian and I my girlfriend and 3 children are homeless in Lynchburg we work but we live check to check our house was foreclosed on due to water damage and we were not able to afford to save it since then we have bounced around from place to place and currently the 5 of us are staying in a small hotel room... We are seriously trying and looking for help but we are at the end of our rope with nowhere left to turn and no solutions to our problem. Soon we will be forced to leave the hotel we are paying for due to the introductory rate ending we already live check to check. I would go on and explain our situation further but it's too depressing to get into for now I just stumbled across your add and wanted to know if there was anyway you could help us out.
Or if you know of anything that could help us get a schoolies to convert remember we are low on cash and already feel horrible because of Christmas coming up and our terrible situation I am just trying everything I can not to give up. Please respond thank you for your time.
ObscureCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 12:15 PM   #15
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscureCreation View Post
Hello my name is Brian and I my girlfriend and 3 children are homeless in Lynchburg we work but we live check to check our house was foreclosed on due to water damage and we were not able to afford to save it since then we have bounced around from place to place and currently the 5 of us are staying in a small hotel room... We are seriously trying and looking for help but we are at the end of our rope with nowhere left to turn and no solutions to our problem. Soon we will be forced to leave the hotel we are paying for due to the introductory rate ending we already live check to check. I would go on and explain our situation further but it's too depressing to get into for now I just stumbled across your add and wanted to know if there was anyway you could help us out.
Or if you know of anything that could help us get a schoolies to convert remember we are low on cash and already feel horrible because of Christmas coming up and our terrible situation I am just trying everything I can not to give up. Please respond thank you for your time.
What can you budget for a bus buy?

Tags
partial conversion, sale, short bus, unfinished, virginia