Motivated seller here. I'm selling my 2005 Thomas Built Skoolie. This is a half-completed conversion that has been a labor of love, but unfortunately, we are at the point in our lives where we are having to give up our dream. This conversion project is at the perfect point where you can finish it with your own customizations with the confidence that the bones were built well. The engine is a Caterpillar C7 with an Allison transmission (solid combination) with ~148,000 miles. We have had the 6th speed unlocked for better highway cruising (although, if you know anything about Skoolies, speed is not the name of the game). There is a small engine oil leak, but the tires are fairly new. Additionally, it comes with retro propane range/oven and refrigerator by Unique in a cool summer mint green color as well as a combo washer/dryer. We also have Havelock wool insulation that will also come with it (for those that are worried about chemicals and mold). Finally, we are including two 12V 200Ah Lithium LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Batteries
Asking Price: $35,000
Mileage: 148,000 miles
Location: Oceanside, CA
- Raised roof 9" (middle interior height will be about 6'2" after paneling)
- Added new skin
- Added RV windows
- Added four 60"x24"x24" basement storage boxes
- Added 125 gal fresh water and 120 gal grey water tanks
- Added 20.3 gal propane tank with access door
- Added frame for topside deck
- Painted with Raptor Liner truck bed liner
- Added Dometic A/C unit with heat pump
- Removed original floor, protected with Chassis Saver, added 4" of 250 XPS foamboard, 3/4" subfloor.
- Added wood strapping (studs)
We have been following Chuck Cassidy's School Bus Conversion Guide for the later portion of the build and even though we engineered the first portion of the conversion ourselves, we ended up following most of his guidelines.
You can see the pictures in my profile!
Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions. I don't mind sharing my number once we chat so we can talk on the phone, as I know purchasing something like this can be quite intimidating. I am here to help and motivated to sell.