Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2020, 03:25 PM   #1

Exclamation 2006 International Skoolie conversion for sale

Bus is unfinished but all the hard work is completed. Life comes at you fast and my wife and I found great jobs and bought a forever home. The Chewbacca bus dream does not have to die with us!

This 30 foot bus conversion is a great opportunity to chase your dreams and travel the world in comfort and style. We converted this 2006 international school bus into a functional RV. It has 400 watts of solar and runs off of 600 amp hour solar batteries to be completely off grid with plenty of juice to spare. We installed 120v outlets along the entire interior of the bus that is run off of a 2500 watt inverter. In order to save power, It also comes with a DC control panel that powers the essentials (Water pump, LED lights, Fantastic Fan, Straight line actuator for bed lift) You can plug into shore power as well and charge the batteries when needed. We ran the 120v system on an up to code Fuse box with independent fuses for different zones and the fridge for safety.

It features a bright interior with led lights running along the interior with independent zone switches that can dim. It has a private bathroom with compostable toilet and can fit a double mattress on the loft. It has plenty of storage space and has a fridge to store any and all food for your travels.

This bus has been giving us some emergency break problems and we just dont have the time or the funds to fix.

It is currently registered in VT as an RV and has passed inspection.

We are located in Amherst, NH
Email: Chewybus26@gmail.com

Looking for $24,500 obo
Bus has around 35K miles on it and was gently used. Previous owner was a church and was used for local field trips. No rust, Runs great, always starts. I was working on it in northern Maine for a long time and never had a problem with starting in sub zero degree temps.
Attached Thumbnails
20200112_163822.jpg   enhance (2).jpg   enhance (1).jpg   20200112_164125.jpg   20200112_164655.jpg  

20200112_164407.jpg   20200112_164821.jpg   enhance.jpg  

chewbaccabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:41 PM   #2

Absolutely breath taking! Not what I'm looking to spend though. Other than that if buy this Asap. If I may say so its to pricey... But you did an excellent job on this!
Yahma momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:41 AM   #3

sent a pm... waiting for reply. has this bus sold?
caterpiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 03:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterpiller View Post
sent a pm... waiting for reply. has this bus sold?

Hey there! didn't receive your private message. the bus is still available!
Old 01-29-2020, 03:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahma momma View Post
Absolutely breath taking! Not what I'm looking to spend though. Other than that if buy this Asap. If I may say so its to pricey... But you did an excellent job on this!

Thank you!! We appreciate it - we put a lot into this bus with real quality materials, we are open to offers (:
Old 01-29-2020, 04:07 PM   #6

Hi there can you provide me with bus layout and dimensions? please email me at hartneychadd@yahoo.com
Old 01-29-2020, 04:51 PM   #7

I was asking specifically about design layout. I double checked your email and i did send it to the correct address.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:23 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterpiller View Post
Hi there can you provide me with bus layout and dimensions? please email me at hartneychadd@yahoo.com
Sent you an email but it says the address is not found. Our email is chewybus26@gmail.com if you want to try to message us again,
Old 04-09-2020, 10:21 AM   #9

still available?
bfennel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 02:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfennel View Post
still available?
Yes it is!
Old 04-22-2020, 08:24 AM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Checking it out?

Hey-
I live in VT and am about to embark on the bus buy-build process. Haven't purchased a bus yet. I've been seeking a shorty. Would like to check it out if you're in VT to see about making my process much easier... Would be easier to make some slight tweaks to a solid platform than to start from scratch..

LMK!
JuntiusVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 10:58 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmn1212 View Post
is the bus still for sale?
is it drivable or the emergency brake is stuck on?
where's the fridge lol

thanks
Hi Bmn1212,

The bus is still for sale!

The emergency break is faulty so after some time driving on it, it will lock up. I am looking into getting a new pump for the hydrolic break system as I believe it locks up because of lack of pressure. I am still doing research and looking into repair it.

The fridge is located inside on the left of the bus if you are looking to the back. Please let me know if you would like pictures of the fridge and I can send some.

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2020, 11:02 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuntiusVT View Post
Hey-
I live in VT and am about to embark on the bus buy-build process. Haven't purchased a bus yet. I've been seeking a shorty. Would like to check it out if you're in VT to see about making my process much easier... Would be easier to make some slight tweaks to a solid platform than to start from scratch..

LMK!
Hi Juntius,

Congrats! It is such a fun adventure embarking on a project such as this. The bus, however, is located in Billerica MA at the moment. Im not sure what type of drive that would be for you. But if you are still interested please let me know and we can set something up for you to take a look at it.

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2020, 05:43 PM   #14

Quote:
thanks for getting back to me looks like a solid build is the fridge full size and does it run on propane? can u tell me some more features of the bus? what model number is the bus? does it run on gas or diesel? would love more pictures of the bedroom and the fridge

thanks again
The Fridge not full size, attached a picture. It runs on solar.

The couch & chair have storage underneath, 400 W solar, bus runs on 3 200 amp hour batteries. It has a DC fuse box & the outlets run on AC and that has its own fuse box as well. It comes with a buddy heater that runs off propane, we dont have AC but we do have a great fan for air flow and temperature regulation. I currently only have the picture attached of the bedroom which isnt helpful ill take one for you soon.

Make is IC Corporation, Model 1000 Series

Runs on diesel

feel free to email or message here with any other questions. THanks!
Attached Thumbnails
20200203_144511 (1).jpg   20200203_144406 (1).jpg  
Old 04-23-2020, 05:52 PM   #15

Quote:
How hard would it be to put air conditioning in it is there air conditioning in the cab?

Thanks again
There is cab AC - I have never installed an AC unit into a bus, but as far as I know you could probably drop a roof unit into the skylight depending on how handy you are. Hope this helps!
Old 08-22-2020, 05:22 PM   #16
Mini-Skoolie

Hi, I emailed you. I am interested in your bus. Thank you!
Margaret
msfitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
skoolie build, skoolie bus, skoolieforsale