Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2024, 03:32 PM   #1

Smile 2008 Modified Vandura 3500 Short School Bus FOR SALE

Modified Short Bus for Sale

2008 Modified Vandura 3500 Short School Bus custom modified for low-risk food vehicle health department permit (to vend bottled beverages &/or shelf-stable packaged snacks)

• Renewable for Low-Risk Food Vehicle Permit (Los Angeles Health Department verified)
• Remote controlled drop-down basketball hoop attached to roof at the back
• 2 practically new AvantCo industrial refrigerator units inside (model 178HBB50CC)
• Dual seat bench with seat belts for additional passengers
• Ready for wrap or exterior design
• Includes all previous paperwork regarding remodel, health department checks, permits, certifications and mechanic’s notes.
• New battery
• Diesel-powered
• Automatic Transmission
• Mileage 214,800
• She is roadworthy! (~45/50mph max)
• May also serve as its own stationary bodega or vending shop, or you can customize into something else. Yours to do with as you please.

$10,000 obo

~ The interior floor is welded, sealed metal, to meet health department standard.

~ There is also water hookup modifications, again to meet health department requirements.

~ The refrigerators have hardly been used and can be powered by industrial lithium battery, or plugged into external power source.

~ The only thing that I can see needing some replacement (or new rubber sealing around its edges) would be the ceiling emergency hatch.

~ The back door is also welded shut, as are windows on the drivers side.

The A/c would need replacing as well (I have tried it a couple of times and just couldn't get it to function).

The passenger side opens with school bus doors, handicap access door, and a large concession window with removable shelf -- it feels very open to the outside.

She is in great shape for her age and mileage, however I do believe she will need a rebuilt transmission in a few years (5 or so). So, for the rebuilders and fixer-upper mechanics, here's lookin at you ;)
Most of the interior is bare bones, so easier to work with, if you're wanting to modify further.

A little backstory:

I bought this bus this way, already modified for a woman whose intention was to vend organic electrolyte drinks at her son's basketball tournaments.
I don't know what happened to her endeavour (or if her son graduated school), but thinking I would turn my microbakery business into a rolling sort of snack machine, (which I still think would have been so amazinggg!) I purchased it! However, life is leading me in a different direction, and I am happily moving abroad! So, maybe someone here can make their dream come true with this gal. If it was reasonable for me to keep her, I would. It's really such a joy to have the bus. I'm hoping she'll have a good, long life with another family!

Vehicle is located in Los Angeles, in the Sunland-Tujunga area.

(Apologies, some photos are sideways!* )
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1545.jpg   IMG_1546.jpg   IMG_0824 2.jpg   IMG_1548.jpg   IMG_1468.jpg  

IMG_2261.jpg   IMG_1519.jpg   IMG_1515.jpg   IMG_1486.jpg   IMG_1487.jpg  

IMG_1488.jpg   IMG_1489.jpg   IMG_1516.jpg   IMG_1517.jpg   IMG_1518.jpg  

JenniferSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food truck, for sale, modified vehicle, school bus for sale, short bus