Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2020, 04:20 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1997
Chassis: E-450 Collins
Engine: 7.3l Diesel
7.3L Engine for Sale!! (comes with E450 Collins short bus)

Hey all,

I am selling my 1997 E450 Collins cutaway short bus (5 window). It has a 7.3L Ford powerstroke engine that got a bunch of work done right before I bought it and it is still in great shape!

I just got a full time job and need to move across the country, leaving my project behind. For the last few months I have been trying to decide whether to continue work on this bus due to some rust between the frame and the floor- there is a piece that will need to be reinforced or replaced and I do not have the space or tools to do it. It could still be a great project for someone with a bit more time and know-how or it could just be converted into a less-mobile ADU in someones yard and you could take the engine out and use it elsewhere. The interior is completely stripped besides the rear AC unit and rear wall panels. (For more discussion about state of rust- see this thread http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f9/bad...ase-29461.html)

I have been told the the engine is still worth around 6K but I want to be realistic in regards to what I can actually get for a bus compared to auction prices so I am open to offers. I can also potentially drive it to somewhere between Oregon and Colorado near the end of the month to deliver to the right buyer.

Here are pics of the work it had done, the exterior, rust on the underside, and engine:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9547.jpg   IMG_9545.jpg   IMG_9592.jpg   IMG_9544.jpg   IMG_9543.jpg  

IMG_9546.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 16-05-31.pdf (230.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: pdf 07-08-13.pdf (57.6 KB, 12 views)

jmccoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 12:36 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

PS bus is located in Portland Oregon.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or for more info- jgmccoola@gmail.com

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2020, 05:56 PM   #3

Your bus has perked my interest because of its Frankenstein forehead. Whats the internal height?
If I can save the cost of a roof raise it just might make sense for me (only time I've ever cursed life for making me tall)
ScoobertTheDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 08:23 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Hey! Yeah it has a lot of character and is a pretty perfect size if you're looking for something parking-space sized.

The interior height over the aisle is 78" from bare metal floor to bare metal ceiling (77" to the bottom of the structural frame). It is a little lower along the walls but not much. Its got tons of space! I was going to do some hefty insulation on ceiling and floor and still have lots of headroom. Depending on how tall you are you could still probably insulate a pretty good amount.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:32 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

If you want to check out the craigslist ad you can find it here- https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/...054962497.html

I would definitely accept a lower offer from someone on the forum who would make this a badass project.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:51 AM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC/AMTRANS RE
Engine: T444E 7.3 w/ MD3060
Rated Cap: 36000lbs / 78pass / 39'
Rebuilt 7.3s can be had for the 4k range, whoever told you that your engine is worth 6k was a bit off. Unless of course it's had some larger injectors, bigger turbo, and other custom goodies, but if it's near stock and in used cond it's not worth but maybe at best half what you were told on a good day.
I've salvaged many 7.3 powerstrokes F and E series over the years. They sure will last 500k, I've got a truck nearing half a million miles and it will be another 200k atleast before it's stock engine is done for.
If you were closer to me I'd make an offer, but I'm in TN and it couldn't be profitable for me to drive it from OR home even if you took my low ball offer.
Congrats on your job man!

EDIT: After reading your PDFs I see it has an over priced jasper rebuild in it, no wonder. I doubt it will last 500k, I've seen too many of their engines not live up to what one would think they should in several different platforms.
If you would like to check out my website that has all sort of information especially for the T444E/7.3PSD engines check out www.PatrickTheSalvageGuy.com I've got helpful downloads and articles as well as a link to my YT for other how to videos mainly on the F series trucks.
PatrickBaptist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 02:10 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

PatrickBaptist- thanks for that info. I honestly am just looking to cover a little bit of my costs with it and would be happy with $3Kish if someone could use it well.

Do you mind telling me a bit more about the jasper rebuild? The previous owner wasn't too forthcoming with info (should have been my first red flag, I know)?
Old 01-18-2020, 05:59 PM   #8
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Jasper isnt that bad... my DTA360 is a jasper.. runs amazing.. 16 years later..... people dojnt like em because they cost alot..

are they over priced? sure they are.. but I think they are good engines overall..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 11:30 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

Sold to a wonderful gentleman from the area! Stoked that he has a super similar vision to mine and is willing to take on the project.