Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2014, 06:39 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

'91 E-350 Diesel short bus, N.E. Ohio

Asking $4,500.oo OBO.

This would make a great bike hauler project for someone. Came from University Schools (private school with $$) and was rather well maintained, even has some suspension bushings replaced.

Shows 77,000 miles on the ODO and I believe it is accurate and not rolled over.
Has the old 7.3L idi International Diesel.
4 speed auto, E4OD trans.
Body is solid, everything works (except the rear door buzzer which I disabled, holy phooking annoying).
Runs excellent.
Drives as excellent as a top heavy bus could be expected.
All 4 mirrors are heated, and has no blind spot in traffic with those front mirrors.
Rear heater works great. Has slight drip from trans.
Has an emergency hatch in the roof that can be opened as a vent, or used to mount a turret, have some fun!
I have not calculated the MPG but I am guessing 14.

The only problem I have found is the trans shifts sloppy (feels like a surge) when you are very light on the throttle, and the OD light blinks when coasting. As soon as you step on the the accelerator pedal the light stops blinking. If you are on the pedal a bit it shifts fine. The trans does NOT slip, jump out of gear, or hunt between gears. Trans shop says it is most likely a bad FIPL sensor (like a throttle position sensor, throws off pressure settings in the trans, which is Witchcraft I don't understand); or it probably just needs a fluid and filter change and the clogged filter is causing it. I have not had time to have it looked at, but I have owned other vehicles with this engine and trans and it honestly feels nothing like an E4OD that is needing rebuilt.

We used it this weekend to haul my son's cub scout pack to the D-Day reenactment, held 14 scouts and a couple adults with everyone having a seat belt, plus room for coolers. Ran great, and will do freeway speeds just fine with pedal to spare. Will cruise at 75, and I did once have it up to 85 when empty.

The rear bumper is a solid steel beam, and could easily support welding on a hitch to tow a trailer. Lot's of options to make a bike hauler, you have room to put a couple bunks in the back and leave a few seat, you can even take a seat from one side and mount it facing backwards on the other side with a table between them. Or skip the bunk beds and have room for a couple bikes inside and not need a trailer.

Located in Middlefield Ohio, 44O.3I3.IO69

Want it REAL BAD but cant taker off a few days to come to Ohio? Delivery available, I can unbolt a couple seats and stuff the motorcycle in it to ride home. Bus would have to be paid for plus fuel expenses before I leave the driveway.

muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:42 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Re: '91 E-350 Diesel short bus, N.E. Ohio

I also have (4) 245/75-22.5 tires in good shape. came off a truck we brought home from California. I'm sure they worked fine for drive tires in Cali, wasn't going to try to get through winter in Ohio with them. $150 each, or $500 for all.

muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote