Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2018, 02:57 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: bluebird
Rated Cap: 72
92 BB TC2000/ flatnose in Georgia/ 4 sale

For sale my 92 Blue Bird, has a Cummins 5.9 engine with the standard Allison automatic tranny. 72 seater. Had been leased to Hallmark Productions and has been factory painted blue for the movie Firelight. She is titled & registered as a Motor Home. Insured through Good Sam/Nat Gen for 5 years.

Bought from Wade's Bus Cemetery in Alto. Ga 5 years ago & he just left here after I called for his help in checking her out & making sure all was well. She started right up with a little coaxing, air brakes came right up & are holding strong. He found a small fuel leak on the return line & replaced it all with new. He said if you have any questions to feel free to give him a call. He is familiar with her.

She has a 3/4 length roof rack. All signs of her ever being a school bus has been removed. No rust anywhere. She has a 28 gallon fresh water tank, a new Jabsco Marine hand pump toilet (so we could control the amount of water usage in & out). Lots of storage. Walls, insulated & covered. Have a box of Hytech beads that were used to paint floors & walls with more than enough to do a coat or two of paint on roof. One of the cleanest electrical panel I ever seen. Helps if every having to troubleshoot a problem.

Wired up as a 30A circuit but can easily convert main to 240V/50 amp. 6 Circuits with 20A breakers & 8 receptacles using 12 gauge through out. All run through Legrand raceways. Has city/county water hookup for times she is resting. Tires look great with lots of thread & a spare tire. But she has been sitting for 4 years. So...

Included is a new iInterstate battery, 10K BTU propane heater, 2propane tanks. One Infrared electric heater. A small Haier washing machine. Also, many pieces of furniture & wood left over from her conversion. I also have an 8K new Honda generator that can be included. As I am liquidating everything in order to move out West. I still have much we can work into the deal.

She unfortunately has only been on one road trip from Georgia thru the mountains to Fall Creek Campground in TN & back with no problems whatsoever. She purred like a kitten, She has been a member of this site & you can follow her build out under the name The-Breeze. I am asking $7,900 negotiable. Any questions feel free to email me at Booger1k@gmail.com

The-Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 01:37 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Ceiling height

I was asked to include the ceiling height in the bus. She measures from center to floor 74".

Also I failed to include that she has wall to wall carpeting. Carpet squares 18x18 commercial grade. Not glued down so easily removable & replaceable if need to. Can easily wipe up any things spilled on it. I used those Scrub Daddy blocks with a little soapy water & wiped away what I thought was a permanent stain. Included are many, many more to be used wherever you feel the need.

I also found lenses that a friend had cut the centers out to be used as backup lights for the rear of the bus for those pesky situations where backing into a spot at night.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:59 PM   #3

I am a newbie here and can't seem to find photos of your bus. Could you post a link?
Trigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 10:25 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Sorry, she's under Skoolie Conversions do a Search in the search box for THE-BREEZE. That how she's listed on here.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:17 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Old Girl reduced to $6,900 & has moved to Alto, Georgia

It's been awhile since I've posted anything. Update: She has moved to Alto, Georgia to Wades Bus Graveyard. Anyone who has been there knows how the place got it's name.

I've had a few people stop by & check her out & fiddled with her. Seems everyone had a different idea on what problems she may or may not have. As I had her gone over by Walter at Wades he knew that something wasn't right & felt that people were taking advantage of the fact that I knew very little about her engine components & were "creating" problems where no problems existed.

He offered to bring her up to his place & to sell her there for me. Her trip up there was a breeze. No problems & she made the trip in record time. He periodically spends time out there, tweaking her this way & that way & is ready to put her out on the side of 985 where she will get more visability.

Since her first posting a few things have changed. The generator available has been sold, the washing machine is still available but will have to be picked up at the house here. The infrared heater will be removed.

I still have her spare tire here & many pieces of cabinets that can be used in places that were reserved for other plans. I think the rocker & ottoman are now gone & I can substitute a small desk & chairs for the eating area.

The price has been reduced to compensate for the removal of these pieces & she can now be had for $6900.00 or best offer.

You can now contact Walter directly at the shop # 706-778-6400 during business hours or home phone #706-839-5153 to speak with him or make an appointment to see her & test drive her.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:19 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Price reduced on 1992 Blue Bird

I have reduced her price down to $6000. She has been moved up to the Bus Graveyard in Alto, Ga.

I'm afraid that the longer she sits the harder it will be to get her moving on down the road. And according to Walter, the Bus Graveyard owner, she needs to be moving.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:50 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Vista 3600
Engine: DT466E / AT545
What transmission is in it? If it's anything other than a 545 I may head down your ways.
geminusprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:45 PM   #8
Bus Nut

Sorry, has the standard for a TC2000 which I heard is a 545. I know there have been many comments on avoiding them, but Walter at the Bus Graveyard says he would take a 545 over most. I have no clue. His cell phone # is in the Ad if you want to talk with him about it. Outside of that she is in great shape.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:36 AM   #9
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
The list of "issues" with the 545 is fairly long but to this old timer, it mostly comes down to two things...

1. People trying to use them to do things they were never meant to do...&...

2. They are all aged out

Regarding #1,

the 545 was designed for relatively low power/torque engines to run at lower than highway speeds in mostly stop & go traffic on fairly level ground. Just picture your average urban school bus route.

They were never intended for sustained highway speeds or pulling lots of steep hills. Lacking full lockup, they quickly overheat when asked to do these things. And, the lack of lockup also makes downhill engine braking impossible, putting a hazardous level of dependence on the vehicles brake systems. On any unit as heavy as a school bus, having to stay "on the brakes" in hilly country can quickly overheat them to point of failure.

Regarding #2,
Allison quit making these trannies many years ago so parts & service are beginning to become hard to come by. There are probably millions still in service around the globe but new, replacement components are becoming scarce. I have already encountered big rig tranny shops in my area that simply won't service them any more.

In their day and for their purpose, they were pretty awesome transmissions. But like everything else, time & technology have moved on.

So...if you want to build a Skoolie, match the transmission to what your intended use will be. If your traveling/driving will be pretty much like the typical urban school bur driver sees daily...then the AT545 will probably be fine.

If you plan on long distance, highway speed travel with a significant amount of up & down inclines...then you will be much better served with something else. Preferably more gears...full lockup...overdrive. Any number of later model Allisons will fill the bill.

Even then, you would be wise to consider adding more cooling capacity to the system.

Long story even longer...match the mechanicals to your intended use and you will at least start out with the odds in your favor.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:03 PM   #10
Bus Nut

Wow, thanks Tango for that. That is basically what has been said but all in one place for Newbies to consider.

Hopefully there will be someone out there that just wants a good bus to match their plans.

I'd hate to have to scrap her.