Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2017, 11:22 AM   #1
FAC
Almost There

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: Cummins 24valve 5.9
Rated Cap: 84
almost finished 1971 thomas

The bus is a 71 thomas body on a chevy c50 chassis, 350 small block and np435 runs and drives great. needs nothing to be road worthy. has 4 yr old front tires. small rust spot near battery on hood and under heater core both are not bigger than palm size. zero rust anywhere else. the bus does an honest 60 mph on flatland and cruises well at 55mph 6mpg all day everyday. It was never a school bus. always a church bus from the start. 126,000 miles on odo.

I did all the conversion work myself, I have lots of pictures along the way. it is about 90% finished and Im still working on it. all propane electrical and plumbing is functional has standard rv hot water heater, water tank, pump, etc. 110v works on umbilical only, 12v works with solar or topped off by battery maintainer. The paneling is ponderosa pine I milled myself. cooktop is a custom fabricated griddle.

Things not finished are shower, and black tank, toilet I have the tank, toilet and fittings. as well as the diy composting toilet I used. needs a propane fridge to be 100% off grid again the one that was in it died and I have been using a mini fridge on 110v The closet is not finished aswell.

I have lived in it full time for 10 months off grid, it functions very well for me, Im sure there are things you would change or do differently. basically it has all the hard work done and needs someone to put their finishing touches on it. asking $7500 dont be afraid to make an offer delivery could be negotiated as well as further work. bus is located in Mariposa CA (209) 742-4826 Forrest
Attached Thumbnails
SAM_1278.jpg   SAM_1280.jpg   SAM_1284.jpg   SAM_1281.jpg   SAM_1279.jpg  

FAC is offline   Reply With Quote