Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2015, 09:39 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Any projects for sale In Western Canada?

Hi all, I just got registered here, been doing my research for sometime. Your classified section are almost all buses in the US and I'm in Canada, Calgary to be precise. I'm too tired right now to go through 79 pages of classifieds trying to find a unit that isn't in a foreign country. Anyone know of any for sale in Canada?

Longrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:41 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Lol no not right now but welcome. I'm in NYC.
boysnberrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:42 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Oh and I've already seen every current kijiji ad in western Canada, some nice units, but you gotta be picky in these circumstances.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:39 PM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: AARE 3903
Engine: Cummins 6CTA 8.3
Rated Cap: 84
Nice 1979 GMC Coach BUS | eBay
This would totally be mine if I didn't live so far away from it. Not a skoolie, but a pretty sweet looking coach. Only a day left on it.
wunderhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 01:45 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Im just outside of Edmonton.

Pm me with your needs, I will get you rolling.

I live, work, and breath bus.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 02:09 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Hey nat_ster. I actually have just found a machine, but my insurance company, State Farm doesn't do single day insurance for I'm transit permits. Do you know off hand of a company that does?
Old 07-17-2015, 02:39 PM   #7
Bus Geek

Cooperators

What did you find for a bus?

Don't just grab the first bus you find. There are options and some are better than others.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
Old 07-17-2015, 02:45 PM   #8
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Chassis: Blue Bird
Engine: ISC 8.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longrun View Post
Hey nat_ster. I actually have just found a machine, but my insurance company, State Farm doesn't do single day insurance for I'm transit permits. Do you know off hand of a company that does?
Every company does. You buy a one year policy, then cancel it a few days later when you're done moving the bus home. Of course you have to be able to float the money for a while because they'll take it on your credit card and mail a refund check a while later or some such thing, and I recognize that could be difficult in some circumstances.
family wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 02:51 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

A 1969 gmc. Previously camperised by a licenced gmc mechanic but then vandalized and left sitting neglected for a few years. And no it's not the first one I seen.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:58 PM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

Yeah family wagon I know I can do it that way, but $ you know. I can leave it where it's parked now for a few weeks so I'm not in a rush, besides the old gas has to be flushed out of the tank and lines. I'll post some pictures in a more appropriate forum. I'm sure some will laugh.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:59 PM   #11
Bus Geek

Depending on what you intend to do with it, that may be great.

I would never own a gas powered bus, or use someone else s conversion. Most are done vary poorly.

Nat

Old 07-17-2015, 08:54 PM   #12
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Carpenter
Glad to here you found a bus that works for you. Gas or diesel the best bus is the one that gets you to the places and things you want to see. Good luck.
Choolbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:54 PM   #13
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Corbeil
Chassis: e350 SD
Engine: 7.3
Rated Cap: 18
Hello
I was wondering how you were making out
with that bus resurrection ?
I am east of you in Strathmore
G
George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:52 PM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 97
Coachwork: Moi
Chassis: International
Engine: 444e...7.3L
Rated Cap: 36
Hey Im from Calgary. I got a line on a 42 passanger Thomas with a 5.9 cummins. I think he wants 2500 bucks. Look up Bailey Green Landscaping and ask about it
rock649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 04:53 AM   #15
Mini-Skoolie

I have a bus I was just curious how Longrun was making out with that 69 gasser
I bought a 2001 E350 7.3 PS 18 pas 5 window back in April from a daycare in south Calgary and built a weekender out of it. We have used it lots even taking it out to Vancouver island and back through Spokane and Sandpoint.
That 7.3 is so under stressed in that little bus we are averaging 17mpg and could do better if I feathered it better.
Looks like Longrun has disappeared
How is your bus coming Rock?
Old 08-07-2015, 04:57 AM   #16
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
I've been watching the auctions for a Ford cargo van with the 7.3.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 12:33 PM   #17
Bus Geek

Many new members come in to ask questions, then disappear.

Once they learn how to search, they no longer need us.

Nat

Old 08-07-2015, 01:30 PM   #18
Mini-Skoolie

The reverse happened to me
I found all the information I needed just searching this site and then finding the right bus for my needs which is why questions were not posted to answers already given.
Incidentally after several uses , particularly the longer journey , we came to the conclusion that we had to revamp our layout slightly. All the paper and ideas in the world can't make up for real usage.
Looking really forward to some west coast storm watching in it this fall!
Old 08-07-2015, 07:35 PM   #19
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 97
Coachwork: Moi
Chassis: International
Engine: 444e...7.3L
Rated Cap: 36
Hey George,
My bus is coming right along. I bought it last September and I really have electrical and plumbing left. Just figuring out my shore power and converter vs my inverter for 120v system. There is a place in town called Action electronics and they have a double pole double throw 30 amp relay for 40 bucks. With this I can make it so it will pick shore power first but if I hit the inverter switch it will flip over...and not try to charge my battery from the battery (inverter vs converter). It will take some head scratching but Im sure I am getting a fancy system for cheap. I have also figured out my cheesy solar system is junk...lol. I'm gonna need lots for the nervous and digestive systems of my bus. It sure is fun. I can't wait to start another one.
rock649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:38 PM   #20
Mini-Skoolie

Hey All, I haven't disappeared, well kinda, I was on vacation visiting family. Meanwhile have been reading up on various threads here. It's unfortunate about the insurance situation, every thread I've seen is full of frustration and questions with no real answers. Things are on hold for me until I can get my unit moved to my work lot. Until then all questions are theoretical and I can find most answers scanning the threads. If you want a question that's been on my mind, (mostly for a giggle,) has anyone ever built a telescope observatory dome into a bus?