Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2016, 08:13 AM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerandplay View Post
1999 Int'l AmTran FE DT466E Diesel Auto Air Brakes 14 Row@ BGA School Buses, Inc. Hudson, FL

Can I get some input on this bus here, I like it I just feel its kind of price high.
BGA in florida prices are a bit higher, but as i learned when i spent a whole day there, they do some work to all the busses before they send em out the door.. they do some rust fix, mechanical fixes, etc

if you are the type that is good at doing all that type of work yourself then their busses may not be a fit.

if you are like me and either dont have the skill or facilities to do rust repair, paint, etc then BGA is an excellent fit.. im having the whole body of my bus re-worked before bringing it home from there.. so my bus will be ready for me to build on when I get it.

midwest transit has some nice busses too.. they do some work to theirs and their prices are a bit high but are a little more negoitable than BGA.. though BGA will knock about 10% off if you write them a check for your bus as opposed to use their layaway program. at least they did for me.

typically dealers will be higher priced than private sellers.. just like cars.. dont necessarily jump on the first bus you find, it does good to resaerch them, drive them, look at the, and learn about them..

this is the time of year when you will see alot of used busses come on the market.. many school systems run their busses through the end of the school year and sell off at beginning of summer to get ready for new ones they have ordered in.. when they no longer need a bus they like to get them off their books..

-Christopher

cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 10:55 AM   #22
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Hey, did you notice that '97 Thomas has a cup holder? That's the one. But then that Amtran has power mirrors. How come I can't find a bus with power windows? If I'm going to be looking for a unicorn it might as well be something I'll never find.
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 11:56 AM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: AllAmerican BluedBird
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84
Lol, No I didn't notice the cup holder.!
But I like that one also!
Dangerandplay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunks, bus for sale, conversions, familyschoolie, sale