Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: international
Engine: international trbo diesl
Rated Cap: 71
Bus Conversion in progress for sale...

Hiya folks ...

havn't checked in in a while... I know that this may be priced a bit high and I'm willing to negotiate. I just listed our bus on Craigslist. If you know of anyone who is in the market, please send em our way. Here is the link for the add. http://boise.craigslist.org/rvs/3173285575.html

541 409 6873

Bus-on!

Old 07-30-2012, 10:37 PM   #2

Year: 1995
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
Re: Bus Conversion in progress for sale...

This is not meant to slam your bus but why on earth would you mount a door like that and loose all your vision to your right? You have those two little peepholes for windows.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:10 AM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 1997
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 47

You might want to include the following in your add.

1. Better state what diesel it is, I believe that bus could have come with a dt466, dt360 or a 444e. They are desired in that order.
2. State the rear end gear ratio, if you don't know that at least say what it will cruise at on the interstate, or it is at ? engine speed at 65. Lots of buses are geared for 55.
3. State the condition of the tires. This can be a deal breaker, there are many buses for sale with new tires. Probably the biggest expense one is likely to see.

Search craigslist in autos and recreational vehicles for "bus", see what they are going for in your area. You may be surprised on how many are out there.
Motobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1991
Chassis: international
Engine: international trbo diesl
Rated Cap: 71

Thanks for the reply's moto... Actually I've addressed the door question in the add. I can tell you that from the drivers seat you can see just fine at an intersection to know it it is safe to pull out or not. The door is all framed in and the plan was to replace with a steel door of similar size with the window already built in. (perhaps with those tiny blinds inside the glass) No disrespect intended but I would also respond with a question such as, "Why in the world would anyone want to keep the stock accordian door when they don't seal properly and they are difficult to lock and unlock when exiting and entering?" Just sayin... I've gotten a poo poo from time to time but way more people have said, "Woah! What a cool door!"

I can comform but I'm pretty sure the motor is the 366 that you mentioned and the speed is governed at 65mpg.... RPMS are pretty high at that speed though. I've usually run 55 just to save on MPGs.

Tires will go another season or two, but are by far the weakest link on this bus. You are correct... they are spendy to buy them new for sure!

Before you shoot me down further... I would remind you of the part where I said in my first post, "I know the price is a bit high" If you don't like it, or don't like the price, you know what to do!

bus on...
Old 08-01-2012, 11:54 PM   #5

Year: 1995
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

All that matters is that you like it. I actually drive with my door open about 90% of the time. Day or night. Doesn't matter to me. I like it opened and can see just about everything. It is a pain to lock. You are right about that.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote