Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2022, 09:59 AM   #1

Bus for Sale: $20,000 Priced to move!

We’ve been calling her “Blue Avian” and we believe she’s the perfect bus for the right owner, that just isn’t us at this point. From our place in life, we wanted a fully converted bus and paid a company to do the conversion (more on that later). The short version is that this company, Lone Star Skoolie, delivered us something that didn’t match what was promised and contracted. Now we find ourselves back where we started: A bus that is a “work in progress”, and it was never our plan to be our own builders.

As our promised 3 month build extended to 14 with a myriad of delays and excuses, we started house hunting. Our dream of buslife has given way to lakelife, but that can mean something great for your own buslife dream! We’re selling Blue Avian so she can have the buildout she deserves and owners who are to ready to adventure with her!

Please check out the “Incredible Bonus” after the bus details for more.

Bus details:
*This is an exceptionally unique bus. We haven’t seen another like it. Double doors in the center of the bus allow room for a co-pilot seat beside the driver (this space is taken up by the door in traditional bus designs). Huge, spacious windows for all those gorgeous vistas.*
  • Rare 30’ 1997 Blue Bird QBusRE
  • Flatnose pusher
  • Cummins 5.9
  • Allison AT545
  • 185,000 miles (approximate, Bus is stored with Ross, RollingLiving, can get exact mileage)
  • Air Brakes
  • Air-Ride Suspension (one airbag was replaced 12/21)
  • 4 of 6 tires are new
  • 3 new batteries
  • Clean title
  • Titled as a Class A Motorhome in AZ
  • Rooftop deck

This bus includes the following to get you well on your way to your build:
  • Dometic RV Heat/AC Unit
  • 600 watts of solar panels
  • 200 amp hour Battle Born lithium batteries
  • 5000W Inverter
  • CampLux 3.18 GPM propane tankless water heater
  • Cubic Mini Grizzly wood burning stove with accessories
  • Brand new, never used Apartment-sized Refrigerator
  • 2 burner induction cooktop
  • Kitchen sink
  • “Live edge” countertop that was not installed correctly or finished but has lots of potential
  • Trough tub
  • 100 gal fresh water tank
  • smaller gal grey water tank (40 gal I believe)
  • Brand new, never used Nature’s Head composting toilet
  • 30 amp hookup w/heavy duty 30 amp RV extension cord included

*Extra special bus detail - she is signed by MMA legend Randy Couture! He visited our bus with Ross and signed it! So, the bus has major warrior mojo!*

*Incredible Bonus!*

You can learn of the challenge that has been our, and at least two dozen others, experience with Lone Star Skoolie with the links below:

Here you can see the condition of their “finished build” they provided us:
https://youtu.be/CXzHD5PRYco

And here you can see a news story about all of us who were ripped off:
https://youtu.be/FeOWdG690vU

For these reasons, and the nature of old buses, this sale should be presumed “as is” with one critical exception: The interior electrical work, done by Lone Star Skoolie, is unsafe and we don’t feel comfortable just selling the bus with that particular flaw. However, our friend Ross (featured in both videos) is an expert on old buses, diesel engines, electrical, and all things conversions. He has very generously offered to help us, and you, with this sale by including in the sale the labor of redoing the interior electrical so that it works properly and is - safe! We haven’t done this yet, as you might be imagining the interior differently than us, and therefore desire your outlets in different locations. So, your interior electrical is not only included in the sale, but made to order!

We are open to a 15K first payment on the bus with the remaining balance payable once you have worked with Ross to finish your electrical.
We don't have a ton of pics as I was waiting until I decorated it, but you can get a full idea of how she looks and her full potential by watching the videos in the post.

Blue Avian has good bones, lots of potential, and is looking for that right person who can grow with her into the perfect home on wheels we have always believed she could be.

planetOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 04:59 PM   #2

Bonus

@rossvtaylor will be the one fixing up her electrical for the new owners
planetOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 06:38 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: CE300
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 23
You don't need an intro here after Ross's videos & posts
So sorry to hear of the nightmare you've had with your 'builders'.

If I was in the market, I'd strongly consider your bus. It's pretty rare as a buyer to know, with 100% certainty, exactly what you're getting into (preaching to the choir on that one, right?). But thanks to your combined efforts to document the wrong done to you, that's exactly what potential buyers are getting. You're an open book, and Ross is obviously great at what he does. I imagine you won't be waiting long before this bird finds a new nest.

Our Build: Mr. Beefy
TheHubbardBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:10 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
Thanks for the vote of confidence, THB!

Right now, this bus is in our storage lot. As Oz mentioned, I'm donating the labor and YouTube revenue bought the parts to set up the electrical safely and properly. I'll work with the buyer to put things where they want them. The bus also comes with lots of new stuff, such as a proper water heater, a diesel space heater, the new air conditioner, a new induction cooktop, a new Nature's Head toilet (who wants a used toilet?), a new fridge, a new Cubic wood stove with the oven option, and more.

Yes, there is some woodwork and things which need to be fixed or improved...but I'll take care of the electrical for the buyer. The rest is at least functional and can be used as-is or improved on, while on the road.

The bus itself seems sound and I've driven it a couple of hundred miles without issue.

I'm not the seller, but I do readily admit to having become friends with the owners. They're great people. The title is in my name, only for convenience...as we took it to Arizona MVD to get it properly registered as a motorhome. If a deal is made with the owners, money will get paid to them (directly, not through me) and I'll get the title notarized to the buyer.

Any negotiations or bus questions should be directed to Oz and PJ, but I'm happy to answer what I can without stepping on their toes.
rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rossvtaylor