Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2018, 04:37 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Bus for sale

Have for sale a 1992 7.3l diesel automatic ford international harvester school bus with a blue bird body that has been converted into an RV. Has a clean and clear RV title. Runs and drives great!

Some of the converting is yet to be fully completed. The 110 wiring and trim pieces have yet to be finished. I will include quite a bit of supplies to finish as well.

Has a 12v cooler fridge, composting toilet with urine diverter, 15 gallon gravity fed water tank and sink, air conditioner, 3 burner stove and oven, fold down table, and back porch, roof rack, shade cloth awning. We re-insulated the ceiling and sealed the floor when converting. Floor is solid with no rust or soft spots. Doesn't leak any fluids and motor is awesome.

I have a mattress for the bed that isn't in there for the pics.

We also have many spare parts for this motor, worth quite a bit. We traveled across country in this beast ready for anything. If you meet my asking price, I'd be willing to include these things.

Please call or text with any questions! $10,000 or best offer. Will consider partial trades for a nice zero turn mower...

Located in Harrisburg, Missouri

Call or text (314) six 14 - 99 ten

https://columbiamo.craigslist.org/rv...569962099.html

Momom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:54 PM   #2
Skoolie

Oh come on!................
Looks to me like it has been sitting in a field for a very long time.
And I seriously doubt it runs and drives great.
And 10K..........?????.........
Sorry, but truth is truth.
Do you really imagine anyone is going to take this
seriously or be that dumb?
CH777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:00 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
It's very rare for me to dump on classified ads in this forum, but I think we owe a duty to any prospective buyers who might be tempted.

This offering isn't worth a fraction of the asking price. Period.

OP might get (very) lucky on Craigslist, but I'd be unhappy if anyone here came anywhere even close to meeting that price.

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:11 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford 1998 e350 4x4 7.3 2 mercedes 2004
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
If it has an RV title that is already worth an extra $ 1000 just in cost and time.
I like it, maybe it is my interior style. A friend of mine , kind of hippie, had a counter top like that. Someone invested a reasonable amount of time in it, and it is all there.

What kind of 12 volt cooler fridge is in it? compressor, age?
assume the automatic is a C6?

It is OBO so nothing to loose

Good luck,
later J
joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:16 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Seriously? Sorry guys that’s my front yard. We lived in this bus for a year before getting the house we are in now. Been parked since plates ran up in 2015 and have started it once a year since then.. we bought it in 2013 from the school and renovated then had state highway patrol inspect. If ya want the vin # would a carfax report suffice concerns?
I said obo. What would you all say it’s worth? Again, runs and drives great.
Attached Thumbnails
73E5E63E-7330-4AFD-8CF8-3EDA7CD325E9.jpg  
Old 04-24-2018, 08:28 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Getting this thing inspected by the highway patrolman was a total bear! In Jefferson City the guy said what I was doing “was against the grain of the law”. Finally found a patrol in a pow dunk town and it worked out.
The cooler is just a lil guy. It’s an igloo brand travel type fridge for vans an stuff.
It’s a total hippie bus but i did the best I could at the time. Would love to get a full size now that I have a kiddo.
Anyway here’s some pics
Attached Thumbnails
70712E55-528A-45D8-97BC-359112B94EA6.jpg   30E5072A-24AC-4A01-BFC7-0EEF7FA9224C.jpg   4C37331F-A7FC-4461-8458-A952E640F473.jpg   036F6399-4DE2-4041-93D7-64E9C9B911C1.jpg   958305DD-B2E6-4476-932F-491FADF8220C.jpg  

DBE7F942-2F14-4911-8945-12F832A400A2.jpg  
Old 04-24-2018, 08:33 PM   #7
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack5 View Post
If it has an RV title that is already worth an extra $ 1000 just in cost and time.
Hmmmmmmmm..in Ohio all you do is sign a paper that says you are making it a motor home. No inspection...and they issue you a motor home title....no extra charge. ( requirements are toilet of some type... stove of some type (grill, camp stove, etc)..wash basin/sink and bed of some type (air mattress will work).

I seriously doubt "most" states would make it be $1000. ( with of course the exception being some place like Calif where they rake you over the coals over everything!) At most I think a state would inspect it to see if it had a bed, sink, stove and toilet. IOW's... futon, camp stove, porta pot and sink... all easily sourced used on the cheap to get you going. (been there & done that...easy peazy)

Next thing is.......... nothing in this ad ...ads up... Paint is very old... the thing obviously was "converted" years ago and it shows..it's dirty and looks to have sat in a field or back yard for years. The seller even claims tags ran out in 2015 ( 3 years ago).... Claims it has been started once a year!!! I bet money the real story on this bus is far from the fairy tale told in this ad.

And 10K...:eek :

and ON AND ON............ sorry but truth is truth and I personally find ads like this insulting. I would also hate to see some gullible person wanting a bus badly to be taken by an ad like this.

Ya ain't gotta be a rocket scientist to figure out this one folks.

Like I said............ sorry...but what it is...IS...what it is.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:34 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks man for sticking up for my efforts
Old 04-24-2018, 08:37 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

Ugh, what doesn’t add up?
Attached Thumbnails
F64D6071-1D87-434D-9E75-A514F2B7B9D3.jpg  
Old 04-24-2018, 08:40 PM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

And getting it inspected in Missouri was NOT easy. I had to submit a bunch of paperwork and pics and then get it to the highway patrol when they quit issuing temporary tags. So would have had to tow it to be inspected!! Was nuts. Then finally found a patrol in Macon and they guy was cool and said the no temp tags was cool so I drove it illegally to cop shop for the dang inspection.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:49 PM   #11
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momom View Post
Ugh, what doesn’t add up?
Yep...exactly..sat with expired tags for 3 years...
Started once a year (you claim)...great maintenance program!
Can only imagine how "great" it looks in real life if it looks like that in the pics.
A $10K dream machine

And with that.........I'll end my input in this "ad" ..nuff said
Old 04-24-2018, 08:52 PM   #12
Mini-Skoolie

Okay I suppose this guy wants me to wash it! Three years isn’t that bad, I don’t think at least. Well after that berating stream of comments I guess it’s futile to say I’m open to offers
Old 04-24-2018, 08:56 PM   #13
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
i ot ZERO RESPECT for those who are being mean to the OP about this..

it is anyone;s right to post a bus for sale for whatever price they wish.. where were you mister Mean A%% when the guy came on asking 40 grand for a converted bus??

if you dont like the bus that is posted then freaking DONT BUY IT!!
thats all i have to say about it..

oh and for the record the tires dont look like the yare sunk into the ground.. looks like it probably was recently driven...

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:59 PM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

Ha! Good call on the tires not sunk! It was driven last week and the week before that. Thanks bud for sticking up for me. I was like is it because I started a new name on here..
Old 04-24-2018, 09:01 PM   #15
Bus Crazy

Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford 1998 e350 4x4 7.3 2 mercedes 2004
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
wow CH777.
Good for you that you live in an easy State. In PA you need to go to a certified inspection station and show that you have a fridge, a toilet and so on in place. Then you need a weight slip[, When the inspection station after dumping $ 150 approves your "conversion" and has taken the conversion photos and your description ( and signed them that they were truth full) then you can go to your DMV agent and pay more fees and taxes...
Add your time and fuel and more time and more fuel to this whole thing then I estimated a total cost for about $ 1000. But again may be you were lucky.

I have Dory now for almost a year, the paint is the original and it sat most of the time.. That the bus is even painted is already a plus, so to be that harsh seems to be a little over the edge,
If you are a gullible person buying 20 year old vehicles just on sellers advertisement then shame on you.

The real value will be what that bus changes owner for , insulting or not.

Later j
joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:08 PM   #16
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Tagged through 15, so technically just over 2 years. While I personally think the price is a bit high, it's not as out there as some I've seen come through here.
I don't know who pissed on CH777's cornflakes today, but it seems today is no different, haven't seen a positive comment out of him yet.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:22 PM   #17
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Tagged through 15, so technically just over 2 years. While I personally think the price is a bit high, it's not as out there as some I've seen come through here.
I don't know who pissed on CH777's cornflakes today, but it seems today is no different, haven't seen a positive comment out of him yet.
BRAVO!! so now you have decided to follow & insult me in more threads.
Feel like an important person?
Feel tough?
Feel better now?

And I'd read my other posts......... looks like plenty of good advice in them and a general friendly manner too!
So let's make claims based in reality.

Lastly my dad taught me to never take crap from a bully....always walk away if you can...but knock em out if they persist in trying to bully you.

So I'm gonna walk away....mr. 01 marc...... let's see if you have the class to do the same.

Next point is this........... TRUTH IS TRUTH.... and it's easiest and best to say the truth...... period.

And if anyone thinks this bus is a 10K bus or even 1/3 that...or buys anything about this ad.........

Well...I can sell you this nice big bridge in NYC coming out of Brooklyn CHEAP!!!
Old 04-25-2018, 05:26 AM   #18
Bus Geek

Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack5 View Post
I like it, maybe it is my interior style. A friend of mine , kind of hippie, had a counter top like that. Someone invested a reasonable amount of time in it, and it is all there.

What kind of 12 volt cooler fridge is in it? compressor, age?
assume the automatic is a C6?

It is OBO so nothing to loose

Good luck,
later J
Here in FL its 100% free to make the title say "motorhome".
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:30 AM   #19
Mini-Skoolie

Well yeah. 10 is too high, but 2500 is less than what I paid from school lot. But thanks again for sticking up for me. And this is my second handle on skoolie btw.
Tires not dry rot either. Will post pic in a bit

And valid input on pice value is appreciated.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:00 AM   #20
Bus Geek

Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momom View Post
Well yeah. 10 is too high, but 2500 is less than what I paid from school lot. But thanks again for sticking up for me. And this is my second handle on skoolie btw.
Tires not dry rot either. Will post pic in a bit

And valid input on pice value is appreciated.
Better pictures, in high res, help a great deal.

If you can specify what is installed it helps.

Worst case is that people will asses the value of the underlying bus, then add in a factor for all the demo work you did, especially if it's well insulated, then add in the value of equipment that comes with it because mostly it can be re-used.

Some folk will simply decide a top price for the vehicle as it stands, if it meets their own needs, but on this forum the audience is going to be hard to please.

Good luck.

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote