Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-19-2016, 11:32 AM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 7
Buses for Sale // 2000 - 2003 // Thomas & BlueBirds // Staring at

I have several buses for sale. Thomas & Bluebirds. See the list below to check out size and year model. Email me to get info on a specific bus. Mileage is between 100,000 -200,000 miles on most buses. All have diesel Cat or Cummins engines with Allison Transmissions. Prices starting at $5000.

List # Make Year VIN Eng / Trans Passenger Mileage
30 Thomas 2003 1T88UZD2131133250 52 146,162
16 BlueBird 2001 1BAAGCPA11F097833 Cummins / Allison 44
9 BlueBird 2001 1BAAGCPA91F097773 Cummins / Allison 44
23 BlueBird 1992 1BAAHCSAXNF051444 Cummins / Allison 44 50,396
19 BlueBird 1997 1BAGNBSA3VF075372 Cummins / Allison 53 80,687
25 BlueBird 2000 1BABNB0A9YF091867 75
5 Thomas 2001 1T7HN3B2511096727 Cat / Allison 72 150,000
18 Thomas 2003 1T88UZD2231133256 Cummins / Allison 52 157,375
21 BlueBird 2001 1BAAGCPA11F098075 Cummins / Allison 44
29 BlueBird 2003 1BAAGCPA53F209214 Cummins / Allison 44
24 Thomas 2005 1T7XU3B2651144437 Mercedes / Allison 81 157,000*

Click this link to see bus pictures. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...FJ3Wk5wUTFCS2c
erichbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:49 PM   #2
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 206
Price for #9?

Starting at $5000 seems a little out there considering condition.
deftone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:23 PM   #3
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 13,455
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
if someone buys #19, I want the Seats!!!!!!
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:43 PM   #4
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Pensacola and Crystal River, FL
Posts: 554
Year: 1998
Coachwork: AmTran International
Chassis: 3800
Engine: Navistar 7.6L
Where are they?
DoubleO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:51 PM   #5
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 6,361
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by erichbean View Post
I have several buses for sale. Thomas & Bluebirds. See the list below to check out size and year model. Email me to get info on a specific bus. Mileage is between 100,000 -200,000 miles on most buses. All have diesel Cat or Cummins engines with Allison Transmissions. Prices starting at $5000.

List # Make Year VIN Eng / Trans Passenger Mileage
30 Thomas 2003 1T88UZD2131133250 52 146,162
16 BlueBird 2001 1BAAGCPA11F097833 Cummins / Allison 44
9 BlueBird 2001 1BAAGCPA91F097773 Cummins / Allison 44
23 BlueBird 1992 1BAAHCSAXNF051444 Cummins / Allison 44 50,396
19 BlueBird 1997 1BAGNBSA3VF075372 Cummins / Allison 53 80,687
25 BlueBird 2000 1BABNB0A9YF091867 75
5 Thomas 2001 1T7HN3B2511096727 Cat / Allison 72 150,000
18 Thomas 2003 1T88UZD2231133256 Cummins / Allison 52 157,375
21 BlueBird 2001 1BAAGCPA11F098075 Cummins / Allison 44
29 BlueBird 2003 1BAAGCPA53F209214 Cummins / Allison 44
24 Thomas 2005 1T7XU3B2651144437 Mercedes / Allison 81 157,000*

Click this link to see bus pictures. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...FJ3Wk5wUTFCS2c
The Cummins powered Bluebirds, which Cummins? Which Allison?
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 02:05 PM   #6
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 7
Answers

#9 - $6000
Located in Hattiesburg, Mississippi
erichbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 02:27 PM   #7
Bus Nut
 
Rameses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 855
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: Cummins 8.3/Allison MD3060
Rated Cap: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
The Cummins powered Bluebirds, which Cummins? Which Allison?
They're Cummins engines and Allison transmissions. Why would you need to know anything more than that?

Rameses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 02:38 PM   #8
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 6,361
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
They're Cummins engines and Allison transmissions. Why would you need to know anything more than that?

Because I REALLY REALLY want one with a 4BT and an AT-750...... Or was it an M11 and an AT-545....

I get sooo confused......
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 03:54 PM   #9
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
Because I REALLY REALLY want one with a 4BT and an AT-750...... Or was it an M11 and an AT-545....

I get sooo confused......
Ive had no problems with my AT-545....








....In the 6miles or so the motor lasted
deftone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 04:25 PM   #10
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 13,455
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by deftone View Post
Ive had no problems with my AT-545....








....In the 6miles or so the motor lasted
you blew the engine that quick?

I thought you had it fixed..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 04:26 PM   #11
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 7
Good Questions....

I have zero idea about which model transmission and engine. Most of the 44 passenger BlueBirds appear to have the same Cummins engine but the valve cover doesn't specify a model.

I'll try to find out.
erichbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 04:34 PM   #12
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
you blew the engine that quick?

I thought you had it fixed..
Its not fixed yet, my work schedule has prevented me from getting back up there. i hope to get up during the xmas break
deftone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 05:12 PM   #13
Skoolie
 
prof.fate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 164
24...RE, under storage and the seats are out.

a couple of them have allison 3060's
prof.fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 08:03 PM   #14
Bus Geek
 
Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 8,462
Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
HUGE difference in value between an AT545 and any later Allie tranny.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 11:40 PM   #15
Bus Nut
 
Dapplecreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: near Christiansburg VA
Posts: 692
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 44 or 66? 11 rows
Quote:
Originally Posted by erichbean View Post
I have zero idea about which model transmission and engine. Most of the 44 passenger BlueBirds appear to have the same Cummins engine but the valve cover doesn't specify a model.

I'll try to find out.
Find one with a representative engine and post the VIN: one can get the engine type from that. For the transmission types, the parts department can tell you from the VIN (at least the International guys can; presumably the other manufacturers can as well).
Dapplecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:36 AM   #16
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 6,361
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapplecreek View Post
Find one with a representative engine and post the VIN: one can get the engine type from that. For the transmission types, the parts department can tell you from the VIN (at least the International guys can; presumably the other manufacturers can as well).
Bluebird dealers can do the same for you with Bluebird buses.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:47 AM   #17
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 6,361
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by erichbean View Post
I have zero idea about which model transmission and engine. Most of the 44 passenger BlueBirds appear to have the same Cummins engine but the valve cover doesn't specify a model.

I'll try to find out.
Post pictures. Someone here will tell you which engine or transmission is pictured.

As far as the cummins go, the difference between an 8.3 and a 5.9 is pretty plain. If you look at the corner of the front engine cover where the injection pump mounts, the 8.3 has a radiused corner the 5.9 has a 45deg chamfer.

Also, the injectors on the 8.3 are on the same side of the engine as the injection pump. On the 5.9 the injectors are on the opposite side from the injection pump.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:54 AM   #18
Bus Nut
 
Rameses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 855
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: Cummins 8.3/Allison MD3060
Rated Cap: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
On the 5.9 the injectors are on the opposite side from the injection pump.
That's only true of the 12 valve. On the ISB, the injectors were put on the pump side of the head.
Rameses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 10:57 AM   #19
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 6,361
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
That's only true of the 12 valve. On the ISB, the injectors were put on the pump side of the head.
I stand corrected.

I guess the shape of the front engine cover is the best "tell tale".
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:03 AM   #20
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 7
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...i0xUnc2anhzUk0

Thats a link to the picture. For some reason, I can't get the pic to show up in the post. Hosting them from my google drive account.



The VIN for this Bus is: 1BAAGCPA11F097833
erichbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×