Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2018, 03:22 PM   #1

Year: 2004
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner
Engine: 8.3L ISC Cummins
Rated Cap: 90 Passenger
Arrow Clean 2007 Thomas Saf-T-Liner 7.2L C-7 School Bus For Sale

I have a clean 2007 Thomas Saf-T-Liner HDX School Bus I need to sell. This bus is the larger 90 Passenger School Bus with a Caterpillar C-7 (7.2L Inline 6-Cyl) engine and the Allison MD 3060 transmission. It has 196,3xx miles on it.

This bus has always been in Las Vegas, so it has NO rust issues and has full Air Conditioning throughout the bus.

$4,000 – “As-Is” - Read Below

So here is the back story…

I attended an auction in the hopes of leaving with a Cummins engine, this bus was my second choice, but it was the first on the auction block… Long story short, I left the auction with 2 buses.

Currently, this bus has fuel in the engine coolant. It’s my understanding these engines run coolant next to the fuel injectors to keep them cool during operation. The sleeve around the fuel injectors is the injector cup. When the O-Rings around the injector cup fail you can get fuel in your engine coolant.

To correct this, all 6 injector cups should be replaced, and it is recommended the fuel injectors also be replaced. To replace injector cups, Caterpillar estimates 12 hours in labor and ~$150 for new injector cups. If new fuel injectors are also installed add ~$1,000 in parts. If this was completed by Caterpillar I would estimate ~$2,000 to replace injector cups only or ~$3,000 to also replace all the fuel injectors. ***These estimates are based on dealer labor rates, if you have a local diesel mechanic it may be cheaper. These estimates are based on phone calls I’ve made, and although this is a common issue with these CAT engines, no mechanic has seen this bus yet. #FullDisclosure LoL

The upside to this is, when completed you would have all new engine oil, coolant, and fuel system. The bus would be ready to roll down the highway.

Here is my offer –

I need to move this bus off school district property soon. If someone wants this bus “As-Is” I’m selling for $4,000 this covers all amounts I’ve paid so far in auction fees, etc. I will sign over the clear title. However, if I don’t sell it soon I will most likely have the repairs completed and sell as running condition for a profit.

If you are interested, please email me at: penaltybox999@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
Front.JPG   Drivers Side.JPG   Pass Side.JPG   Back.JPG   Engine.JPG  

Inside.JPG  

Penaltybox999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2007, caterpillar, thomas build