Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2019, 01:58 AM   #1

Smile Converted Thomas 40' Bus FOR SALE

Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I are considering selling our skoolie. We purchased it from a couple in Canada who converted it about 3/4ths of the way. We paid to have it delivered as it is so hard to find completed conversions in Southern California so our loss is your gain.

It was originally a bus for a school district in Seattle, Washington. Then a diesel mechanic bought it and brought it to Canada where the owners we bought it from converted it in Canada. We have the original papers from Seattle as well as all the receipts for its maintenance and additions.

Mechanically speaking the bus is in perfect working order. The couple we bought it from drove it 2 days straight through snow from Canada to San Diego with no issues. It has a strong engine and drivetrain and has been regularly serviced, the specifications and service history I've listed below: - 1992 Thomas built 48 passenger school bus (40ft) - 3208 CAT pusher engine with a 4spd Allison automatic transmission (225k on the clock) - Last service was 3 months ago, it had a full fluid and filter change using premium filters and Rotella T4 oil. - The bus has air brakes.
The brake pads and drums were changed about a year and a half ago by the previous owners.

It’s done extremely well in cold weather as well as handling mountain passes in the dead of winter. As the last owners spent the past 2 winters in the mountains of Canada. It also comes with Canadian spec V-bar tire chains for the bus (just in case you find yourself driving in snow and/or want to park on the side of a mountain.

Insulation: Damp Proof + two layers of insulation in the walls (Reflectix + 2" foil lined foam board insulation). All seams have been taped with aluminum to maximise heat retention and eliminate drafts.

Interior Walls: (Front to Back) DS Cedar tongue and groove panels. PS 3/8" plywood sheets painted using a Behr wipe-able white. Floor: 3/4" plywood with Snap Lock rubberized and scratchproof flooring on top (newly installed). Flooring has been custom made with extra reinforcement to take into account any stresses whilst driving.

Living space: 2 inward facing couches that sit over the wheel wells (both with storage underneath). 1 couch features 2 120v power sockets on side. Both couches made with stained cedar armrest toppers and have custom made 4" memory foam cushions for comfort. This can also be turned into a large double should you wish.

Storage: 1 full height pantry/electrical cupboard by kitchen, 2 kitchen cabinets (under counter), 1 full wardrobe with shelves, 1 dresser/bedside table with large cupboard space, large under couch/bed storage that fits a queen. As well as several shelves/window sills.

Appliances: Full sized Dometic RV fridge freezer 6cu.ft (propane, 120V & 12V), Dometic 3 burner RV Oven (propane), RV single sink with faucet and 12V pump

Bathroom: Eccotemp propane water heater with shower faucet, Shurflow 4008 fresh water pump

Heating: Atwood 30,000btu RV furnace (propane), Honeywell digital thermostat, Mr Heater 18000 BTU Cabinet heater for the -30 nights!

Electrics: 7x 15 amp power outlets spaced throughout, GoPower 1500w pure sine wave inverter, GoPower 35amp smart battery charger, GoPower 30amp automatic transfer switch, Siemens EQ load centre, 2 x 15a Siemens breakers, 2 x AC Delco 845a 6v deep cycle batteries (230ah), Firman 3650w generator w/remote electric start, GoPower solar charge controller, GoPower 100W solar panel (Can be expanded easily)

Lighting: Philips 1156 LED bulbs in ceiling across 2x 12V circuits, 2x LED lights in bathroom.

Also has a pre fitted security door with double lock feature.

When it comes down to it, we bought it, tried to drive it, and realized we want something smaller amd less intimidating in size as my boyfriend and I are 21 and 23 and have no experience with this big of a vehicle. We’ve been staying in it on weekends on my parent’s property in Valley Center. They have a bathroom on site.

It will be livable as soon as you throw a composting toilet in it🙂 we plan to continue to finish the bathroom and make small touch ups until we find our bus a new home.

We are listing it at $30,000 but are negotiable on the price and taking offers. So feel free to shoot me a message with any questions or if you’re interested in a tour.

Thanks!

Here's the Craigslist ad so you may see pictures (I can't figure out to upload them here, my bad!)
I'd love to send a video tour to those who are not close enough to see it in person as well.
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/...839359257.html

AuRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 12:47 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

hi…tried the link and nothing showed…could you please email me or text me? Want to see pix/video…3366625270 or zenawp07@gmail.com
LoneStarGal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 01:25 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

That link goes to a dead end.
tguy1241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 29
It's been 5 years since this Advertisement was placed, it's likely been sold.
nikitis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1992 cat diesel, completed conversion, for sale, thomas skoolie