Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2015, 08:29 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Chassis: thomas
Engine: 8.3 cummins
Rated Cap: 11 window
cool bus

Camper trailer motor home bus flip this RV Take a look!

superdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:32 PM   #2

Wow. Any idea the inside dimensions/ sqftage in this gem? A little pricey for what I want to spend but I like the retro look. I am mechanically inclined for motorcycles but this thing would be more than my knowledge base. Probably a bad idea...but I can dream
Chitza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:23 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Looks like a bus wearing an Airstream!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:14 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: bluebird
Rated Cap: 72
I thought "more like an airstream consuming a bus". I can't look at all the pictures till I get more data and my full speed back but I'll check it out in a few days.

???8200 miles, try more like 182,000 or even 282,000.

This can be "one fancy lady" I bet
The-Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 03:50 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Def. One of a kind, in a cute Weiner mobile kind of way
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:29 AM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: I.H.
Engine: DT360
It looks like something Mike Tyson would be driving in an apocalypse movie. I'm just saying it looks mean enough.
HolyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:54 PM   #7
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
The paperwork says "MOBILAB". Given that it's in the heart of Meth country...ya gotta wonder.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:12 PM   #8
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: International 3000RE
Engine: T444E/AT545
Rated Cap: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
The paperwork says "MOBILAB". Given that it's in the heart of Meth country...ya gotta wonder.
There's this guy named Heisenberg who'd like a word with you...
Scooternj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 01:31 PM   #9

Superdave (or anyone),

I'm just coming across this thread and the Oklahoma City Craigslist posting has come down. Did anyone capture the posting (particularly the contact information) for this bus as I'd like to contact them. I am in the process of documenting these (MobiLab) buses and would like to track down this one. At a minimum, can anyone recall what the asking price was?

-Mobilab
Mobilab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:40 PM   #10

I just bought one of these, It was cool and had to have it I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet. But any Info will be helpful It's a 1969 has a 318 and auto runs good but the brakes are bad, still working on getting it home. the former owner tells me it was some kind of driving simulator for des moines schools. It's really in pretty good shape 7,200 actual miles, with new brake lines and tires I wouldn't be afraid to drive it. It has a flat head 4 cylinder motor on a generator in back, central air unit and furnace. The inside needs a cleaning but the original wall and ceiling covering is intact and pretty good shape. It has a transfer case with a separate drive shaft for each rear end. My plan is just to get it mechanically sound and running polish up the outside aluminum shell then see if some one has a better idea for it than me. If not It will be a nice project for me at a later time.
clyde60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 01:30 PM   #11

Clyde 60 (et al),

Sorry for the radio silence. This is one of those cases of wanting to give your reply/post appropriate attention, as MobiLabs are important to me, and just letting it slip to the bottom of the pile. A poor effort on my part, I admit.

I got mine right about 10 years ago, and just as my vision hasn't wavered much from what I had planned to do with it, neither has my MobiLab varied from the condition in which I received it. Big plans, limited budget. I've come close to throwing in the towel, but still have hope that someday I can realize my vision.

I've documented about 8 of these that are still in existence, or at least that were in the past decade, and have done a good bit of research into the history of the product.

I intend to build a basic website in 2017 documenting this, and will be sure to share here when I do. To that end, I'd like to get some pictures of yours when you are able. Not sure how easy it is to post them here so if you need my email address, let me know.

Meanwhile, please let me know if you have any specific questions or comments and again, please pardon the delay. I'll be more prompt heretofore.

-MobiLab
Mobilab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobilab View Post
Superdave (or anyone),

I'm just coming across this thread and the Oklahoma City Craigslist posting has come down. Did anyone capture the posting (particularly the contact information) for this bus as I'd like to contact them. I am in the process of documenting these (MobiLab) buses and would like to track down this one. At a minimum, can anyone recall what the asking price was?

-Mobilab
Hello Mobilab, Please contact me as I am son of Mobilab New London NH
son of mobilab is offline   Reply With Quote