Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2019, 07:31 PM   #1

Crown

I am looking to buy a Crown bus to do a complete conversion...
If you know of any, please send them my way.
Thank you

808ulaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 07:24 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Crown Coach
Chassis: 40ft 3-axle 10spd O/D, Factory A/C
Engine: 300hp Cummins 855
Rated Cap: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808ulaula View Post
Thank you
I know of a 1989 Crown here in L.A. It has a turbo'd 6-71 Detroit Diesel with Allison automatic transmission, two axle, 38ft long. The engine is in process of being repaired and when done will be essentially good for another 400k miles of trouble free driving. This is all part of the price and included. If interested let me know And I'll share further details. The market for Crowns has transitioned somewhat to finding the ones in good condition, but maybe with engine troubles that when fixed restore them to much better run-able condition. It's complicated and directly related to the way commercial operators totally ignored maintenance until forced to get rid of them due to Kalifornia BS laws. As long as the underlying coach is sound they are usually worth repairing and getting back up and running. I've done this to a couple already and the results are very satisfactory. Crowns can be repaired and kept on the road for decades since parts are easily available, unlike most other brands. email for details and contact info, it's not my bus but a good friend. mikemcc2k@yahoo.com
Crown_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:12 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Send a message via Yahoo to tyndrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown_Guy View Post
I know of a 1989 Crown here in L.A. It has a turbo'd 6-71 Detroit Diesel with Allison automatic transmission, two axle, 38ft long. The engine is in process of being repaired and when done will be essentially good for another 400k miles of trouble free driving. This is all part of the price and included. If interested let me know And I'll share further details. The market for Crowns has transitioned somewhat to finding the ones in good condition, but maybe with engine troubles that when fixed restore them to much better run-able condition. It's complicated and directly related to the way commercial operators totally ignored maintenance until forced to get rid of them due to Kalifornia BS laws. As long as the underlying coach is sound they are usually worth repairing and getting back up and running. I've done this to a couple already and the results are very satisfactory. Crowns can be repaired and kept on the road for decades since parts are easily available, unlike most other brands. email for details and contact info, it's not my bus but a good friend. mikemcc2k@yahoo.com
I am interested in a crown as well please let me know about any crown bus you know of?
tyndrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:36 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

I have a Gillig with a DT466/MT643 for sale.

Good engine, good transmission, recent brakes, decent tires, and many other upgrades and repairs.

The bus will cruise easily 60-65 MPH even while towing a tandem axle trailer full of luggage.

Asking price is $9,500.00 but willing to consider any reasonable offer.

Located in Longview, WA.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 02:34 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Crown Coach
Chassis: 40ft 3-axle 10spd O/D, Factory A/C
Engine: 300hp Cummins 855
Rated Cap: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyndrgn View Post
I am interested in a crown as well please let me know about any crown bus you know of?
use my email which I included for a reason, and contact me directly. It's better in all ways and I can give you all the info you need and answer any of your questions.
Crown_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 03:19 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

i got your bus 1990 crown supercoach 40'
fishbone1@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:53 AM   #7

Engine: Cummins NHHT
I may be interested in selling my 1969 Crown Supercoach. It has the 14 liter Cummins NHHT and the Allison 6 speed transmission. Tandem rear axles. I bought it in Washington in 2005. Was rebuilt shortly before I purchased it. I might have put 3000 miles on it, but I doubt it. New front wheels and tires. New windscreens front and rear. Fully operational. Knoxville TN. Make an offer. Will post photos and video later. Needs windshield wipers. Some scuffs. MOD.design@gmail.com
SteamJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:43 AM   #8
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC/AMTRANS RE
Engine: T444E 7.3 w/ MD3060
Rated Cap: 36000lbs / 78pass / 39'
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamJunky View Post
I may be interested in selling my 1969 Crown Supercoach. It has the 14 liter Cummins NHHT and the Allison 6 speed transmission. Tandem rear axles. I bought it in Washington in 2005. Was rebuilt shortly before I purchased it. I might have put 3000 miles on it, but I doubt it. New front wheels and tires. New windscreens front and rear. Fully operational. Knoxville TN. Make an offer. Will post photos and video later. Needs windshield wipers. Some scuffs. MOD.design@gmail.com
Hey neighbor, I'm up in Johnson City ,what an awesome setup with that 14L Cummins, I'm bias against DDs love seeing a crown with a real engine in it... IF I were in the market I'd def want to see what we could work out but can't t this point in life. Def send me a link to the videos you do I wanna see it!
If you would like to check out my website that has all sort of information especially for the T444E/7.3PSD engines check out www.PatrickTheSalvageGuy.com I've got helpful downloads and articles as well as a link to my YT for other how to videos mainly on the F series trucks.
PatrickBaptist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickBaptist View Post
Hey neighbor, I'm up in Johnson City ,what an awesome setup with that 14L Cummins, I'm bias against DDs love seeing a crown with a real engine in it... IF I were in the market I'd def want to see what we could work out but can't t this point in life. Def send me a link to the videos you do I wanna see it!

I avoided the DD as I thought it would be more difficult to maintain, too many moving parts. I am in the market for a Unimog FLU419 or 406 and that's why I am considering selling the Crown. Don't want to sell it, but I bought a chunk of forest and need to do some cleanup.
Here is a short clip. I will make more over the weekend when the weather is nicer:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/t4ncTpcLNU6tGHML9
Old 11-07-2019, 12:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickBaptist View Post
Not a great photo,
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20181104_165433620.jpg  
Old 11-07-2019, 07:15 PM   #11
Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466e/Allison 2000
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808ulaula View Post
Thank you
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-Crown-...IAAOSw-w9dwaqo
cdrobbins77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 05:43 AM   #12
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrobbins77 View Post
Jesus the saleman fluff is strong in that ad. 17 grand is a total ripoff for that bus.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:02 AM   #13
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Winnebago
Chassis: Ford F53
Engine: Ford Triton V-10
Rated Cap: currently 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Jesus the saleman fluff is strong in that ad. 17 grand is a total ripoff for that bus.
IDK, maybe if it had 8 lights instead of 4! LOL. Yeah, even unicorns have a price cap that the market will bear. I also kinda think folks in California are completely detached from the reality in the rest of the world.
Sehnsucht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:28 AM   #14
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
its priced a bit high, but he is active in the bus enthusiast / collector community which has some deep poclets just as the car collector community has. if the bus is really as perfect as he says it is,(it very well may be, seeing its one of Al;s busses) then its easily a 10k-12k bus, so price it high and see if anyone bites.. its not a bus that fits in here as only a select few appreciate crowns for what they are and really care about perfect interior ceilings since that will replaced anyway.. so alas i wouldnt expect anyone to buy it from this site unless they were looking for a collector crown specifically. I'd like to have a crown but im not a collector enough to buy a mint unit that I dont have a garage for..

when i sold my 1976 Eldorado convertible a Cadillac Collector bought it on the spot when he first heard through the grapevine I might be selling it, i got good coin for that car because the buyer knew of it and wanted it. its all supply and demand..

if you create hype for crowns in general.. ie making more people want one then you are creating demand thus raising the value for you and your friends who have them..
(alas the salesman stuff).

remember Apple Hype in their early 00's turn-around wasnt created by the products as much as it was in creating "its cool to be wearing white EarBud Headphones"
"its cool to be a creative / developer / artist and have that Light-up Apple logo next to your espresso cup"...

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote