Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Crown bus for sale 1967 35ft

Gonna sell my extra Crown bus. This Crown is 35 ft, bad Cummins engine, no trans currently, interior removed, and a couple new side windows. Included is a good Fuller 5 speed Road Ranger. Previous owner used bus without any air cleaner for 3 years and heads were well sanded. Tires near new about 5 years old. Bus was an extra bus for a school district and ordered new for the INEL at Arco, Id. Currently paint is Idaho State University colors. Bus is in great shape. Starting sale at $3850. Frank .......... frank.id.crownatgmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
Classy bus .jpg  

frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:16 AM   #2

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
Re: Crown bus for sale 1967 35ft

Cool looking bus.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77

What's under the hood...err, floor...?
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:39 PM   #4
Bus Nut

The engine currently is a 743 cu in. same as an 855 with smaller bore. I also have another 743 from another Crown.
Trans is removed but several Fuller 5 speeds available. Body excellant, interior clean and clear. Frank
Old 01-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Looking for a buyer............
Old 01-14-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Good clean bus....... Any reasonable offer..
Old 12-03-2014, 04:47 PM   #7

Is this bus still available or one similar to it??
LOONIERACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 04:33 PM   #8
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78
Asked the same question a dozen times for a year and never heard back............hope someone is enjoying it............and that it's not languishing neglected with no future or an uncertain one...............
Old 02-06-2015, 11:51 AM   #9

hi im trying to find windshields for a 69 crown!!any ideas? maybe you have some or know where to find them? they are the curved style!!
arbuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:04 PM   #10
Bus Nut

I'd like to help you with that..................but you must realize that this a tall order.................I have 4 windshields and two Crowns with curved glass............I will be hanging on to those windshields........for obvious reasons.........If you were to buy them from me they'd likely cost more than your Crown. LOL. There is a guy on this board and is username as i recall is Serpant............He did pick up quite a bundle of Crown Parts.............and i believe there may have been some glass involved. But i simply can't help with you with the curved glass..............other than to have it custom fabricated. I do have contacts for that but it's an involved process. Involving the Shipping of what you need replaced, it goes to Mexico is custom fabricated and shipped back to you: I had a windshield fabricated for a flxiliner........and when it was all said and done it took about three months and about 700 bucks for one piece of glass. I think you can understand why I'll be holding on to what I have for the Crowns..............I know it appears selfish. Cause frankly it is...................Moki
Old 02-06-2015, 09:13 PM   #11
Skoolie

Year: 198x
Coachwork: Crown & MCI
Chassis: 40ft Tandem/40ft MC-9 Tag
Engine: Cummins 855 BCT/6V92TA, RTO-910/HT-740
Rated Cap: 47,000lb/38,000lb GVWR
I did pick up a bundle of Crown parts but unfortunately no curved windshields.

What I do have is a bunch of DD-671 'basic' components such as lifters, etc., a few dashes from over the years, a number of radios, a full set of side and rear flat glass, a bundle of electrical components, a bunch of original Crown 'keys', and many other random things (complete passenger front, etc.) If there's a particular part aside from curved glass I might be able to help.

I too am looking to get a set of the tall (later year) Crown windshields as I have developed a nice long crack in my front passenger side. Window is still usable but I don't know when that will change.

I'm always on the lookout. If I find more than a single set I'll let fellow Crown owners know, and then this site if there are no takers.

FYI- Cheapest route in getting a 'suitable' (if you can call it that) replacement curved window would be to take a mold (or get one from someone else if your windshield is too damaged to do so) and make (or have made) one out of plexiglass.

I wish I knew who ended up with the original windshield molds so this could be done cheaper but it seems like that information has been 'lost.'

Best.
serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:20 PM   #12
Bus Nut

Maybe the CrownGuy can provide you with a good lead. He's the forums leading expert on Crowns................;)
Old 02-06-2015, 11:00 PM   #13
Skoolie

Not a bad idea, CrownGuy definitely knows his Crowns.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:29 PM   #14
Bus Nut

Knowledge has a component of being relative: A person with a thimble of knowledge will seem informed to those who enter with just their skin....... ;) You got a good Crown that's what's important in that particular exercise. And I take some satisfaction from that: Because I insisted on holding his feet to the fire............but when it comes to the Crown Kingdom.........all things being relative he's still serving an apprenticeship.........And I am not the King. But no doubt one of the Princes 375 HP 855 cubic inch Big Cam Cummins Turbo............5 speed Allison HT755. Bonafide 100 MPH. Crown. 1 of 5..........currently working on a 6th: Modifying a Cummins N14 to lay beneath the floor at 80 degrees............600 HP and 1550 ft. lbs of Torque........
Attached Thumbnails
66HP.jpg  
Old 02-07-2015, 12:00 AM   #15
Skoolie

Moki, I agree in part, but to assume a thimble of knowledge? In the end a machine is a machine; I wouldn't dare assume that anyone is less informed than another until you know the whole of the story. And for me I like to hear everyone's side; there's always someone that knows more than me about something that I can learn from.

I did get a good Crown, thank you for being part of the journey. ;)

I've been following your recent acquisitions, and I must say, congratulations on the HP bus. (Not necessarily my 'perfect' vision of a bus due to a few certain design flaws), but you definitely scored and I admire your diligence.

Keep us informed on your N14 modification. Again. We have lots to work with on a solid platform and these are simply machines. We can do what we want to them with less consideration than building something like a nitro-fueled funny car; sure, we might make them less usable in some aspects but I see no reason we can't make these things into anything we envision.

BTW- Why not work on putting something similar to this in a bus with such 'bones?'

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REBUILT-Reli...item565765edde

...we have a frame that can hold the weight of this and the batteries/transformers to put behind it. *grin*

Cheers.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:27 AM   #16
Skoolie

...and congrats on the 100MPH in such a beast of a vehicle, I'd love to see it in action on somewhere like the Salt Flats in Utah. ...I did ~105mph in my 1978 GMC 455 gas'er motorhome there during a quick stop towards Reno one year; My Crown might have some serious torque, good speed, and nice handling, but my GMC is the real HOTROD when it comes down to it. :P
Old 02-07-2015, 12:30 AM   #17
Skoolie

Quick thought; Maybe you and I drag race the desert tandem and the HP queen on the flats one day? *grin*
Old 02-07-2015, 12:58 AM   #18
Bus Nut

Instead of a Toad.........I have located both these motors that come already attached to the rims of 4" fat tires.......battery packs hook directly to both and the throttle slides right over the handle bar just like a new handle grip and is blu-tooth. Just an errand running emergency vehicle...........

And I love 1000 ft lbs of torque at 0 RPM............ But the 700 HP electric Crown will have to be someone else's Kuleana....... When I bought the 87 Crown last week I got a bonus Crown with it.

I've wanted to put a more modern engine into a crown for a long time: The real stumbling block for me, has been what i believed would be the need to have a pan fabricated. A pan that when the engine is laid down would provide me with a sump. i have over come that impediment.

As to the HP? I can't stand all the Crap on the Roof. In May just before Buses Gone Wild I will put fully adjustable air shocks all the way around.
Two Shocks per wheel and adjust the Worm gear. I can honestly say that this is one Crown that looks better in person than it does in photo's. A rather rare phenomena. Clearly Its History can't be denied. And it's value is many 10's of thousands of dollars that what I'm into it at........... It is my first truly RV'd Crown and it is way cool inside with the leather and the high roof. Bottom line it's the vision of someone else, it ain't bad but it's not my vision....

As to the Rest about the Other i know what I'm about. And will explain myself to a point. Other than that let the chips fall where they may and sleep quite well. It's done. If I had been dealing with anyone else I would have been all over the Crown you currently own.

I made an offer on this one today. Should know tomorrow how that will play........I want to bring this one to the Islands it's a 20 footer............It looks like an overgrown Jeep Wagoneer. Notice the cutouts over the duals they have that old Jeep look to them..........
Attached Thumbnails
jeepwagoneer1.JPG  
Old 02-07-2015, 01:16 AM   #19
Bus Nut

Maybe at buses gone wild in May there ought to be at least 15 Crowns there....... You'd have no action against that HP.........It cruises at 75 at 1900 RPM.......with 400 RPMs to go............and I've got 35 feet to move.........but granted probably an additional 10000 lbs of weight with the build out the stainless tanks, the kubota generator, air conditioners on the roof (ugh hate it)....fridge, stove, shower, electronic gear..........need to get that stuff off the roof though I like the way it looked the day it came off the line.......but it has a lot going for it: I found a bundle of paper work in it and the person that bought it in 2006 received a 67 thousand dollar trade in allowance on the motorhome she traded to purchase it, and a balance of 6500 bucks on delivery. it was painted Gold then.

And I'm hep to the GMC but always stayed away because of the front wheel drive: Got tempted to buy a Revcon a couple times......but same deal. I've never had luck with front wheel drive anything. But I have owned a couple of FMC's speaking of land speed records LOL.......and if I could get a deal on another with diesel and air brakes they were pretty sweet vehicles to drive and pretty damn fast with that 440I.....
Old 02-13-2015, 01:48 AM   #20
Skoolie

No action against the HP? Pffpt. Quite frankly your transmission+engine and weight combined on your HP just isn't up to the task at hand. I can cruise at ~85mph @ 2100rpm all damn day in 9th gear on my Crown w/my rear diff. ratio (and that's with a gear to go and overdrive; I can give you specifics if you want. Or...damn...we might just have to meet up at BGW (or the salt flats.) ;)

The Crown's toad will be my GMC. .

There are reasons to my keeping and maintaining both of these wonderful machines: a front-wheel drive ~12,000lb hot-rod gas'er on wheels w/plumbing does wonders on the road when it's built specifically for the task (remind you of a mid-engine Crown?) Frame and all, like the Crown, the GMC was built with a purpose. NOT a 'general' purpose vehicle built on a truck chassis like so many others.

AND...I don't need my TOAD slower than my drive vehicle: http://autoweek.com/article/other-mo...-130-next-year

...and to the next topic...

...that 20'er you found is nice for other reasons, if not for only sogging up the the airwaves we all breathe, and turning on a dime. *grin*

Never-the-less our differences. I believe we see eye-to-eye on certain things.

Cheers.