Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2006, 12:09 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Ebay buses

Currently there are many school buses for sale. These buses are at giveaway prices. I guess I'm gonna buy a bus just for the trans. The seller says there will be some 200 buses for sale in the next month or so. The buses are being sold by Spring City Auction. The buses are at Midland Texas. The buses are gas and diesel. Some buses sold for under $200 and can be driven away. Some buses had over 50 gallons of diesel fuel still in buses. Not all buses have fuel. The main man is Scott Emerson.
Scott can be contacted at 432 213 1284. No Crown buses for sale.. Frank

frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 12:17 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Ebay schoolies

Ebay number... 1994 Carpenter 4644277661...
Check this sellers other auctions. Prices are still less tha $1000..
I have never seen this many 90's buses for sale. Gas or diesel.. Frank
frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:43 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Are these so cheap because some district didn't want to deal with the bad welds? If so I bet they could really be had for a steal....what's more is I don't think the bad welds would really affect it for our uses and if a person wanted to fix it, I can't imagine it would take more than a day with a grinder and a MIG to fix it....
Old 05-31-2006, 11:02 PM   #4
Bus Nut

I went to a few bus auctions 2 years ago when I was bus shopping & seen a lot of these carpenter busses. They were being auctioned with a "scrap" title & they were saying it could never be retitled or used as a any vehicle again, it could only be parted out or scrapped. This didn’t seem to slow down the hords of Mexicans from buying them to drive to Mexico and do god knows what with em. I really wanted a cheap bus too, good thing I didn’t get one, it probably would have been impossible to get it road legal again.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:12 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
That's why I went with the bus I did. I got to look at it twice, hear it start twice, go for a test drive, AND I got a free battery and can of ether with it (yes you can use ether in the 6.6.....Ford even recommends it).

I don't think $1250 for a bus with 84,000 miles and some piece of mind was a bad deal. Heck...it even has a block heater and Webasto diesel coolant heater (wanna buy it?). Sure beats being disappointed by a $250 bus.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:50 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Quote:
(yes you can use ether in the 6.6.....Ford even recommends it
do you need to use ether in your 6.6? Mine would start without the block heater being plugged in when it was zero degrees outside. it might have to crank for most of a minute, but she started every time. if the block heater was plugged in for an hour, she would fire right up and purrr like a kitten. The 6.6 was a better cold starting engine than my current DT360. My 6.6 liter ford had almost 300K miles on it when i sold her.

just a note to those of you that have motors with glowplugs (the 6.6 liter or the dt360 do NOT have them) NEVER NEVER use ether. The glow plugs can get hot enough to ignite the ether and blow the intake manifold right off the motor if the wrong valve happens to be open
Old 06-03-2006, 07:16 PM   #7
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillbus914
I went to a few bus auctions 2 years ago when I was bus shopping & seen a lot of these carpenter busses. They were being auctioned with a "scrap" title & they were saying it could never be retitled or used as a any vehicle again, it could only be parted out or scrapped. This didn’t seem to slow down the hords of Mexicans from buying them to drive to Mexico and do god knows what with em. I really wanted a cheap bus too, good thing I didn’t get one, it probably would have been impossible to get it road legal again.
Not at all...there are ways. Heck, I know people who have done it.
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:20 AM   #8
Bus Geek

I only had to use ether once. The bus was too far away to plug in and with that little battery that was in it when I bought it I didn't have more than about 15 seconds of cranking time at -15*. With the ether it popped right up after about 3-4 seconds of cranking. It idled a bit rough, but that's the nature of the beast when it's that cold out. After about 45 seconds it smoothed right out and purred.