Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2022, 05:12 PM   #1

Year: 1993
Chassis: Thomas Saf-T-Liner
Engine: CAT
For Sale: 1993 Thomas Skoolie (partial build)

I joined this forum when I bought my bus and this site was a great resource for getting the build started, most things were easily searchable so I never ended up posting my own questions. So I'm posting for the first time to say good bye to my sweet Bushome, life priorities are shifting and I'd love to see it go on to be someone else's dream.

Details:
1993 Thomas Saf-T-Liner school bus, 36' yellow, partially converted.
Engine: Cat 3116 TA-250
Located on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington

Charming & rustic skoolie with a cabin feel, this bus was my dream for many years. I lived in it as I renovated it, which made for slow going. I tried to repurpose as much materials as possible, with some new as priorities dictated. I bought it in 2017, just after it was decommissioned from the Nooksack Valley School District, I have the maintenance reccords from them. Clean title, listed as an RV so no CDL required to drive it.

Asking $15,000 obo

What I have done:
-I gutted it and treated for rust.

-replaced old starting batteries in 2018

-Removed stop sign and plugged air pipe.

-Red and amber flashers have been painted black, all school info is also sprayed black so it's all good to drive

-Painted roof with tropi-cool silicone insulation paint

-Rigid foam insulation in ceiling with gaps filled with spray foam.

-Tight grain/old growth repurposed cedar lap ceiling.

-Floor has 1.5" of fiberglass insulation

-3/4" TNG repurposed hardwood flooring.

-TNG cedar siding on walls

-Wood stove: works great, I've overwintered in the bus for 4 years with just wood heat.

-Installed chimney through the roof last Sept with all new components, designed for easy removal of top portion for travel and cleaning.

-Kitchen installed with reclaimed base cabinets and sink, with butcherblock countertops.

-foot-operated water pump for sink is designed with small 7 gal water tank in mind for easy hauling, drains to a grey water bucket.

-bathroom is a small privacy space with room for a composting bucket system.

-couch in the back over the engine with a bed loft above it with woven ratchet straps as the "springs" for the bed so you can adjust the tension. With cedar paneling and live edge cedar beam accents.

- re-upholstered 4 of the original bus cushions to use as seating, welcome to keep these with the bus

- curtain rods and wool curtains run along one wall of the bus and the back, I have curtains for the other wall, but these need curtain rods installed, you are welcome to the curtains if you so desire.

- I made exterior window insulation with canvas, reflectex and magnets so they can be added or removed as desired.

The quirks:
- it's not a finished skoolie! Some things never got finished, so there are things to attach, finishing bits to add, space for a fridge (I removed mine)and cabinets or shelves

-The bus needs to be started from the rear, due to a relay in the electrical box being fried and after multiple tries was unable to find a replacement that fit and worked correctly. This is a pretty straightforward process and starts reliably every time.

- the plywood for the back bench was reused from the original floor and may need to be replaced due to mold.

- the bus sat this last winter with periodic fires to keep the humidity down, but it's the PNW and the mold battle is inevitable. So I have bleach sprayed basically the whole bus to combat the mold in prep to sell it, should be good until it can have regular fires in it to keep it dry.

-There are some cosmetic damages to the exterior of the bus, one of the belly doors doesn't latch reliably and there is a windshield crack.

Apologizes for the sideways pictures, I don't know how to reorient them on this site.
Attached Thumbnails
20220813_165502.jpg   20220813_163426.jpg   20220813_170407.jpg   20220813_163316.jpg   20220813_161850.jpg  

20220813_162102.jpg   20220813_161012.jpg   20220813_170321.jpg   20220813_160730.jpg   20220813_160820.jpg  

Cera's_Bus_Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 10:11 AM   #2

Engine: CAT
Price drop

I've decided to drop the asking price to $13,000 obo
Cheers!
Cera's_Bus_Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 05:21 PM   #3