Located in San Diego, California.
Registered as an automobile in California!!
We bought this last May from a pair for New Zealanders who built it out and drove it to 48 states over the course of their 1 year visa to the US. We upgraded the floor, added sound deadening, replaced the ladder, re-worked the electrical, added the rear deck, added an inside/outside sound system, replaced the tires and brakes, and upgraded the driver seat. Two families of 4 then did an amazing Western US tour for 2 weeks. We were going to keep her for more adventures but Covid-19 has changed our income situation. Our loss is your gain!
for a quick sale to someone who will continue the adventure
- T444E 7.3 liter turbo diesel approx. 140,000 miles, should go to 250-300,000
- Allison Automatic Transmission (hold gear for maintaining speed during downhill decent)
- Cruise control
- 6 newer Michelin XRV 255x80r22.5 tires, good groove left and less then 10 years old + 1 extra unmounted tire as a spare
- Re-built rear brake calipers with new pad all around
- The thermostat has a slight weep while the engine is cooling. We drove 3100 miles and never had to add any coolant. All the parts to replace the thermostat come with the bus.
- Electronic engine monitor (ScanGaugeD) for real-time engine stats plus reading trouble codes
- 60 gal Diesel Fuel Tank
- Full fluids change only 4000 miles ago
- 750 watts of solar panels on the roof
- Appropriately sized solar charging system
- 400 amp hrs of AGM batteries (isolated from the engine batteries)
- Large AC inverter
- 120v Outlets
- USB charging sockets
- LED lights throughout
- 78,000 Lumen LED light bar to light up the outdoors
- Multi-zone Bluetooth Stereo with Klipsch speakers inside and out
- Rewired house electrical system to the bus switch panel
- Backup Camera
- 2 two-speed oscillating fans
- 1 two-speed drivers fan
- Rechargeable hand vacuum
- USB charger for nav-station
Inside Creature Comforts:
- 4 Bunk-beds with Futon couch up front makes 6 comfortable sleeping spots
- Bus seats with flip-down table
- Live edge Pine counter top
- 33 gal clean water tank with 12v pump to back deck for shower or dishes.
- LCD tank level and usage monitoring
- Propane insta-hot water heater with quick connect for shower or warm dish washing water
- Extensive Dynamat Sound proofing around engine and firewall
- Thick insulation below floor and wood ceiling.
- Bar fridge and cooler shelf (fridge will run for 4 days off the batteries without sunlight)
- under bed storage bins, shelves and changing area in the rear.
- New cork-backed laminate flooring throughout
- New Foam mattress' for the bunks and futon.
- Replaced drivers seat with a Leather fully electric seat from a Range Rover
- White oak accents throughout
- Indoor thermometer
- iPad mount for easy navigation (ipad not included)
- Flip down stair cover for comfortable footing of co-pilot
- Two roof hatches for excellent airflow
- Roll down curtains
- Reflective window covers for storage
- Builtin fruit bowl
- Sturdy ladder and roof deck with separate gear storage
- Back deck extension with two propane tank storage set up and tie downs
- Fold down kitchen counter for quick camp set up
- Multiple outside storage bins included which hold a two burner stove and some pots and pans
- LED strip lights over the front door
- LED strip lights over the rear deck
- Groovy brass fish hood ornament
- Incredible Panoramic views from every seat
- Excellent ground clearance for driving on forestry roads to remote camp spots
- Able to be registered as an automobile in CA with no emissions testing
- No special license required to drive
- Easy to insure
- Can be covered by AAA towing
- Very easy to drive, turns easy, stops easy, lots of mirror coverage.
- Wide and long- you rule the road
Some inspiration for what could make this amazing bus even better:
- Upgrade headlights to LED (aprox. $60 on amazon)
- Have International mechanic remove speed limiter
- Add new engine management computer that allows changing engine tune (aprox. $650)
- Raise the door height to the next step up to increase off-road clearance
- Add manual jacks to stabilize the body while sleeping on the roof
- Add under body storage compartments
- Add a trailer hitch
- Add additional LED strip over flip-down cooking area