Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2022, 08:39 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

For sale: 2003 Thomas Freightliner

Hey all, sorry I haven't posted before this, I have wanted to be involved in the forum but have spent most of the last 6 months just using it for research mostly before deciding what my husband and I's final plan would be. Now, pregnancy has decided that for us. Unfortunately, our plans that we had are not going to work so we need to sell what was to be our future.

I have a 2003 Thomas Freightliner full size school bus that we had planned to convert and move to the desert that we fell in love with but I guess despite saying he wanted to, he never actually did, that was just my dream so it's over.

I don't want to lead anyone on with what we have available because I don't really know myself as this was all new to me. We have spent more on storing the bus than working on it though and with this new baby coming, it has to go. It is currently being stored about an hour and a half from my home as it's the only place we could find and that is paid through October 1st so it could potentially stay there until then if you needed and we had permission to do work on it there if you needed that as well.

We spent $1500 but the person who sold it to us decided to help us out and wrote down $300 to save on the taxes. We never did pay that though. Partly because we weren't told and didn't think to ask in my excitement about the title which apparently none of the owners since the school ever bothered to get. That's been part of our issue. That and not having access to anyone who could weld the fist sized hole in a beam underneath or the other areas like around the doors, stairs and wheel wells.

We are just looking to get as much of our investment back as possible. We purchased brand new batteries before even buying the bus as it needed them to see it run so that was $300 right out of the gate. We also spent $165/month ($990) to store it over the winter and another $500 to keep it where it is currently and where it can stay until October 1st, 2022 if needed. All together we have spent $3300 on this bus and with no end to the storage fees in sight my husband is done. 😭

Anyway, I have posted every single picture I have taken of the bus since buying it so that you know exactly what you'd be getting. It was taking too long to upload each individual photo and I don't even really want to be posting this but I have no choice so here is a link to the album I have on Google https://photos.app.goo.gl/M1LrLChYSj64nLhA9

We are open to reasonable offers but because we have until October paid for storage, I will be looking for the best deal we can make to not be out as much money as we will need it for the new baby while my husband finishes his degree.

We are looking for $3,000 for the bus. The seats are removed except for the front row, floors have been pulled as well. That will save you both time and money. It also comes with a few tools, some spray paint (though full disclosure that was in the bus over the winter as well) and anything else already on the bus like a small plug in radiator type heater.

If you are interested, please let me know when you would like to see it in person in Belfast, Maine.
Attached Thumbnails
20211019_100410.jpg   20211021_075500.jpg   20211028_120211.jpg   20211018_135833.jpg   20211021_075854.jpg  

20211018_135902.jpg   20211018_135825.jpg   20211021_075710.jpg   20211019_095135.jpg  

LadyHutch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2003, freightliner, full size bus, thomas