Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2022, 04:28 PM   #1

FOR SALE: 2004 GMC Savana G3500 Short Skoolie Project - $7900

FOR SALE
Price: $7,900

For sale is my 2004 GMC Savana G3500 School Bus “Skoolie” conversion project in process. I have full maintenance records from factory new (I am second owner). The bus was professionally owned and maintained during its service life as part of a 1000 bus fleet with it’s own shop and in house mechanics. It has 124,373 miles and runs fantastic. The 6.0L Vortec V8 cranks right over first start every time. It started its life as a GMC 3500 Chassis Cab that was factory modified as a short bus. This means it has the same HD frame, chassis, and drivetrain offered GMC HD trucks. This bus is fast and strong with a 16,000 lb towing capacity. There is lots of life and adventures left in this little bus.

I have over 400 hours of labor into the project so far to include the following scope of work:

• The entire bus has been sanded and prepped for paint (note the appearance in pictures). My plan was to paint it once the weather warms up, but I don’t have time and figure that I might as well leave the decision of color up to the new owner
• The interior has been completely renovated and ready for furniture fit out
• The bus seats have all been removed
• The original flooring has been removed and stripped down to bare metal with all surface rust sanded off and prepped for painting
• The floor was painted with Rustoleum converter and sealant to prevent any future rusting or water intrusion
• New reflectex vapor barrier has been installed
• New subfloor framing and foam board insulation has been installed and secured
• New tongue and groove “composite-hardwood” style flooring has been installed
• The outcome is a beautiful and extremely durable finish ready to accept your fit-out
• See pictures showing each phase of floor re-construction
• After installing the new thicker insulated flooring system, I can stand up straight at 6’1” and still have a bit of overhead clearance

While I have enjoyed working on this project and would love to finish it, I have made a career change to become a commercial pilot and do not have the time to complete the project

Please be respectful, no ridiculous low-ball offers. If you reach out, I am happy to talk about the project and answer any questions you may have. Although, I assume you have probably done your research and spent a number of hours watching “Skoolie” builds on YouTube as we all have. You probably have some idea of the amount of work that goes into the early stages of these conversions, especially if you do it right and strip everything down to bare bones. As stated, I have done all of the prep work to make this bus ready for you to finish to your specifications. Please see the attached pictures that show the amount of work that has been completed. I am looking for somebody to finish this project and enjoy this adventure Skoolie.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-2729.jpg   IMG-2730.jpg   IMG-2731.jpg   IMG-2732.jpg   IMG-2453.jpg  

IMG-2454.jpg   IMG-2455.jpg   66508803216--21B72B57-00B7-4FF9-81AF-D870CD179BEB.jpg  

LeeMichael4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 09:38 PM   #2

Hi I’m very interested!

Sent you a PM
Danielleighr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 10:26 PM   #3

OMG Awesome!

Hello,

This looks awesome!
QtheMastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 03:10 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
Too bad you need to sell it, but as one door closes another door opens.
Your asking price is reasonable for what you're offering, in this day and age.
Someone will be getting a great start to their dream project when they score this little "plum"!

I doubt it'll take long to sell.
Good luck on your sale, and post up when you sell it.
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 04:37 PM   #5

Hey!

Just checking to see if you're still interested in selling?! Tried to PM (:
QtheMastermind is offline   Reply With Quote