Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2024, 10:41 AM   #1

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International S1853
Engine: DT466/Allison MT643
For sale, cheap, 1984 International S1853

Hey everyone,

~3-4 years ago I thought I was going to convert a school bus into a motorhome so my wife and I could travel around and go to music festivals and generally have some fun travelling. Then came covid, and not enough income to support buying stuff for the bus, and keep up with the regular bills. The HOA also, was not fond of me having a big honkin' bus parked in the neighborhood for more than 48 hours at a time.

The good. Its got a DT466 that starts quickly and runs well. It's got an Allison MT643. All but like 2 seats have been removed and disposed of. I have clear Georgia title.

I need to quit paying for insurance and parking. I'm in Acworth, GA.
Make me an offer I can't refuse.

Edit: The rules say I'm supposed to have a price. I paid $3500 for it, and installed a $1000 radiator when the old one tried to disintegrate. I've spent way more than that just having it parked, so lets say $500 and you can take it away.

I don't have pictures I can post at the moment, but can take some next week and email to you, if you're interested.

almabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 05:55 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by almabes View Post

Edit: The rules say I'm supposed to have a price. I paid $3500 for it, and installed a $1000 radiator when the old one tried to disintegrate. I've spent way more than that just having it parked, so lets say $500 and you can take it away.
I'm assuming you meant 5000, not 500?
Old 02-28-2024, 08:55 PM   #3

Smile

Hi Almabes. I’m interested in your bus. How many miles does it have? How are the tires? Have you been starting it and taking it for a spin every so often in the time you’ve owned it? Can you attach any pics? Please clarify price.
Thank you.
WwwLllSss is offline   Reply With Quote