Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2018, 12:16 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1986
Chassis: Ward/AmTran
Engine: Ford 4V 429/385 Big Block
Red face For Sale: Roof Raise, '86 Ford B700 Partial Conversion

We've decided to part ways with our beloved skoolie. With a two year old, a newborn, and having moved somewhere we can't have daily access (family's home, bus is in storage) We think it's best to find some new owners who have the time to make it happen.

Link for photos
http://imgur.com/a/55EgEkH

https://imgur.com/a/55EgEkH

Here's the facts:

1986 Ford B700

16" Roof Raise

Bigfoot Class A Automatic hydraulic leveling system ($4000)

Air-Ride Captain's chairs installed for pilot and co-pilot

Ford 429 Big Block engine.
-New Edlebrock 650 CFM Performance Carb ($350)
-New Headers ($300)
-Brand new exhaust and muffler ($800)
-Engine has EGR removed. Much cleaner engine area now, and easier access
to do work, as well as better performance.
-New cover gaskets
-New one-piece oil pan gasket (re-usable)
-New ignition wires
-New spark plugs
-New starter motor
-2 brand new 1000 CCA (cold cranking amps) batteries
-New oil/air/fuel filters
-140,000 miles

Engine putting out about 300hp now, and cruises at 65mph easy. Climbs the steepest hills with a down-shift at 50-55mph.
Transmission, Allison AT-545

I have the original vehicle maintenance manuals!

Bus has been rust converted, all holes patched with welded and/or riveted sheet metal, and rustoleum elastomeric roof coating applied.

All roof seams have been sealed with automotive seam sealer

Bus has been leak tested (as of October), and dry as a bone.

1.5" foil-faced polyiso rigid insulation throughout interior, gaps closed off with spray foam insulation

3/4" OSB tongue and groove subfloor installed with 2x2" framing underneath. Extra support framework in the rear (under bed) for heavy storage of tools and water tanks/batteries

Ceiling is 80% done with 1/4" birch ply, supported by 1x2" furring strips. I have the materials to finish the ceiling with the matching wood. Ceiling panels were sealed/stained with clear Dutch Oil.

2x2' skylight mid-bus, and MAXXFAN in the living area

Tires are in great shape, and have about 90% tread remaining.

Painted (HVLP spray gun) with rustoleum, diluted with acetone and enamel hardener. Properly primed and sanded with filler primer. Ran out of time to paint the hood after priming before a major storm came in.

There's prob more things I can't remember right now... But this is a solid list.

I just drove the bus with all our stuff from North Carolina to Nevada. I had a couple issues along the way (replaced a belt bracket and pulley and some worn heater hose. Also replaced the starter motor after the starter solenoid started showing signs of wear), but otherwise the bus ran great and cruised at excellent speed for those 2300 miles!

I spent the whole summer going through this bus mechanically and replacing/upgrading anything and everything I had the time and means for, to get it in the best possible shape for traveling.

I'm 6'2", and even with the ceiling/flooring installed I have PLENTY of head room.

The bus is currently located about 30 min NE of Las Vegas, NV

Bus has been re-titled and registered as a Motorhome in Vermont as well.

Asking price is $15,000 considering the roof raise, RV windows, leveling system, and engine upgrades. That being said, we're negotiable and mostly want to see it go to some good people to continue the journey.

You can text me at 646-647-6430 if you're interested, or have some questions.

You can call me at 646-647-6430 if you're really interested, or have lots of questions

FunkyKoleMedina is offline   Reply With Quote