Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2021, 11:57 PM   #1
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
FOR SALE: Several buses...and one not-bus.

Hi all,

It's time to part with some of the "fleet" and, so, we're listing several for sale here first...where people I value can have first shot, or refer others who might be interested. We will list any stragglers on eBay or...gasp...FB Marketplace, but not for a week or so.

Every one of these runs great and I wouldn't hesitate to drive them anywhere. In fact, we can deliver these for a mileage fee. And, for anyone who picks up one of these here in Arizona (just West of Flagstaff) we'll offer a 5-day money back return option...so that you can be confident the bus will get you home. If you pick the bus up here, I'll make sure you know it well and feel comfortable driving it.

I have personally driven each of these buses on long interstate trips, as part of our shakedown process to know what's what and to address any issues. All of these have good tires and we'll make sure they have good batteries installed before pick-up. We have stripped the seats from each of these (or removed any prior conversion remnants from the 4104s) and made them ready for your conversion.

Because this is a long list, there's only going to be one or two photos to show the general condition...but I will be glad to share any additional information with anyone interested. PM me and I'll give you my cell number, so we can talk about buses and your needs.

For those who might know us...no, we're not getting out of the bus club! We just have too many and we've acquired some very special rare or vintage specimens on which we're going to focus our attention for a while.

One last thing - I mentioned that we stripped out the seats and addressed any mechanical issues we've found...but we didn't want to add additional costs by doing more, if that isn't in your plans. But, we can add solar or tanks or mechanical items (winches, racks, hitches, etc) as desired. Just let us know what you need!

A $1000 deposit will hold any of these for 7 days, at which time full payment would be due.

I look forward to talking with anyone about these!

Two - 2001 Gillig Phantoms with Detroit Series 50 engines and Allison MD3060 transmissions. These have the wheelchair lift integrated into the front stairs. $8500 each. For an extra $500, we can get the 6th gear unlocked on the tranny. These are some of the most comfortable buses I've ever driven.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2021-07-07 21.17.08.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	276.4 KB
ID:	59194

Name:	photo_2021-07-07 21.17.15.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	220.9 KB
ID:	59195

1980 Crown Supercoach with a mid-engine Detroit 6-71 and 5-speed Eaton-Fuller RT manual transmission. This bus is already titled as a Class A motorhome in Arizona, so that should make it easy to get similar registration in another state. The bus was originally yellow and was repainted green, then touched up with mismatched spray can...so while it's a blast to drive, it could use new paint. $8750

Name:	photo_2021-07-07 21.23.00.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	278.3 KB
ID:	59196

1974 Gillig 636 with a rear pusher Cat 3208 and a 10-speed Eaton-Fuller manual transmission. This bus is also titled as a Class A motorhome in AZ. This bus is still in its original yellow glory and is, like the Crown above, a classic and fun to drive...once you get comfortable with the reversed pattern 10-speed. $9,750

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 9.29.21 PM.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	59198

1995 International/Blue Bird mid-sized 7-window bus with a DT466 and Allison MD-3060 transmission. The transmission is currently programmed for 5 gears, but for an additional $500 we'll get the 6th gear unlocked. This bus is a beast and we've had it out on the forest service roads and some steep trails. With the ground clearance and short overhangs and low first gear, it's a great dual-sport bus. $7250

Name:	photo_2021-07-07 21.36.21.jpeg
Views:	150
Size:	232.4 KB
ID:	59199

Two - GM 4104 buses, one 1956 and one 1957. Both have Detroit 6-71 engines and manual transmissions. Both have the rear 3-pane glass, in good shape (one installed and one wrapped in storage, but not installed). These each run great and are fun to drive. The exteriors look good, but the interiors on each are stripped to the ribbing and outer skins. These are each titled as Motorhomes. $7500 each.

Name:	photo_2021-07-07 21.42.12.jpeg
Views:	115
Size:	279.1 KB
ID:	59200

Name:	photo_2021-07-07 21.42.22.jpeg
Views:	97
Size:	300.8 KB
ID:	59201

And...the not-a-bus. This is a 1999 Freightliner FL60, which was originally a pediatric special use ambulance that took kids from one hospital to another across the state. It has about 120k miles but only about 3200 hours on the Cummins 8.3 with an Allison MD3060 with 6th unlocked. With cruise control, it's a pleasure to drive and she'll cruise at 75 easily. This rig has been lifted slightly, to allow for larger more trail friendly tires...which are also highway speed rated to 85 mph. This is a true dual sport vehicle that you can camp in. There's about 1000W of solar on top, a Midnite Solar Classic charge controller, AGM house battery bank, and two inverters. The chest refrigerator runs all the time...we never turn it off...and we never get close to running out of energy. The front bumper, off a military vehicle, and the winch are both practical and "bad ass." This does still have our business paint scheme, but we can discuss repainting it with Raptor Liner or something else to your liking. When you stop for diesel, people think you're driving a $150k EarthRoamer...but for the right person, this is just $25,000. In the past 6 months, I've driven this to SC and GA and ID. It's really a great traveling rig that could be made permanently live-in ready with the addition of a bathroom and some other interior mods.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 9.54.38 PM.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	59202

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 9.54.54 PM.png
Views:	110
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	59203

Again, please reach out as you have questions. I look forward to chatting.

Ross and Kara Taylor
Parks, AZ (off I-40, about 20 minutes West of Flagstaff)
Attached Thumbnails
photo_2021-07-07 21.23.17.jpeg  

rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 12:30 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2009
Coachwork: Gillig
Chassis: G27E102
Engine: Cummins ISL 280
Rated Cap: 26,000 lbs
Oh my god. There are several that I’d kill to get my hands on, the Gillig 636 most of all.
Bert06840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:02 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
dang ive always wanted a 4104 but i want it with seats.. i wish all these werent stripped down.. so many beautiful busses here with destroyed interiors
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 08:54 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert06840 View Post
Oh my god. There are several that I’d kill to get my hands on, the Gillig 636 most of all.
It's a great bus and we got it from a well-known Gillig and Crown guru with the intention of keeping it...but we've since run across some even more rare bus projects and I just cannot justify having two dozen buses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
dang ive always wanted a 4104 but i want it with seats.. i wish all these werent stripped down.. so many beautiful busses here with destroyed interiors
I do agree and seated coaches have their place in life, if one doesn't need to live or camp in it. We have a 1949 GM and a Flxible Clipper which we're restoring as seated coaches...because, like you, we're fans of those. But these 4104s both had prior interior work which was not well done, so we removed the junky parts to bring them back to blank canvas stage. I do like some of the old "dated" conversions I've seen...heck, we live in one...but these were better off stripped down.
Old 07-08-2021, 11:00 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossvtaylor View Post
It's a great bus and we got it from a well-known Gillig and Crown guru with the intention of keeping it...but we've since run across some even more rare bus projects and I just cannot justify having two dozen buses!

I do agree and seated coaches have their place in life, if one doesn't need to live or camp in it. We have a 1949 GM and a Flxible Clipper which we're restoring as seated coaches...because, like you, we're fans of those. But these 4104s both had prior interior work which was not well done, so we removed the junky parts to bring them back to blank canvas stage. I do like some of the old "dated" conversions I've seen...heck, we live in one...but these were better off stripped down.

if the seats were already gone when you got them then agreed they are better off getting rid of old conversions and making them blank slates. . but classics like these when the yare bought seated with the intention of selling (or maybe conversion down the road), I say leave them seated until the yare actually converted or sold.. im amongst quite a few peers that like busses with seats.. even crappy seats as the frames can be saved and the covers replaced (I was lucky enough to snag my 1978 Superior just before the guy was going to remove the seats since they are all split or duct-taped up from 40 years of school and church service).. I found a source for seat covers so after 22 seats I should be pretty good at re-covering bus seats , of course finding any classic coaches still original is tough as many have been converted long ago.. im guessing those 4104s were probably converted in the 70s.. knowing the 2 houses I grew up in, one built in 67 and the other built in the late 70s i can only imagine what the styling of 70s bus conversions mustve looked like!!
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 03:01 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: 44' Newell Coach
Engine: 8v92T Detroit
Rated Cap: 2 adults and two pigeons
Ross, would you be able to unlock my transmission on my BBAARE when I’m ready for it? Perhaps even doing a hitch? My bus is really not road ready with the crap tires and lack of doors/windows.
Old 07-08-2021, 04:58 PM   #7
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus'n it View Post
Ross, would you be able to unlock my transmission on my BBAARE when I’m ready for it? Perhaps even doing a hitch? My bus is really not road ready with the crap tires and lack of doors/windows.
I could do your hitch but I'm not actually doing the transmission unlock. If I could do it myself I would do it for free, on these buses and on yours. I'm using a guy remotely, but I do have the connection hardware and software. But if you want to come up sometime we can coordinate with him and use my Nexiq and laptop.
Old 07-08-2021, 05:12 PM   #8
Bus Nut

Quote:
I could do your hitch but I'm not actually doing the transmission unlock. If I could do it myself I would do it for free, on these buses and on yours. I'm using a guy remotely, but I do have the connection hardware and software. But if you want to come up sometime we can coordinate with him and use my Nexiq and laptop.
No Worries! I didn't think you could do it on your own but having a connection, thats what I was thinking. Once I get it roadworthy, I will contact you. Bus hasn't moved from it's spot in almost a year. I start it regularly except the last two months since I disconnected the batteries from all the on-going welding going-on. (See what I did there? Forwards and backwards! I am just a literate genius!)
Old 07-08-2021, 10:21 PM   #9
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: CS RE
Engine: ISC 8.3 L 260 hp
Rated Cap: 36
So now that you showed us the busses you are selling could you start another thread with a gallery of the busses you are keeping?

Ted
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 10:36 PM   #10
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJones View Post
So now that you showed us the busses you are selling could you start another thread with a gallery of the busses you are keeping?

Ted
Can do! I really ought to do a video walkthrough of the ones we're restoring. At least, though, I'll post some photos and descriptions in a new thread. Thanks, Ted!
Old 07-08-2021, 10:37 PM   #11
Bus Nut

That would be cool!
Old 07-12-2021, 08:31 PM   #12

Mileage/Availability

Hello
I'm interested in one of the GM 4104's. Any mechanical issues I should be aware of? Mileage? Maybe additional photos. More interested in the 1st bus. Or better yet I can take a trip up to see them, ask questions etc...It is a haul from Glendale, AZ so a litte planning is involved. Thank you for your time.
Alicia
WaltonA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 09:47 PM   #13
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: CS RE
Engine: ISC 8.3 L 260 hp
Rated Cap: 36
Quote:
Can do! I really ought to do a video walkthrough of the ones we're restoring. At least, though, I'll post some photos and descriptions in a new thread. Thanks, Ted!
You just made my day. I'll be watching for it.

Ted
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 11:28 PM   #14

Ross,
I am very interested in the 1995 International Blue Bird Mid sized
I am a new member so I cant send a private message, could you please shoot me an email or text? Please send me a PM if you can so I can give you my phone number!

I am located in Las Vegas so we can make a plan to come see it and maybe make something happen

austin.car@icloud.com
acarstensen42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 12:31 PM   #15

1995 International Blue Bird

Hi Ross, I am located in vegas and am interested in checking out the 1995 international blue bird. Could you send me a private message or email to discuss further? austin.car@icloud.com is my email
acarstensen42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 05:16 PM   #16
Mini-Skoolie

Got interior pics of the FBomb truck?
shwaydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 09:42 AM   #17
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: 3126b 210hp
Rated Cap: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by acarstensen42 View Post
Ross,
I am very interested in the 1995 International Blue Bird Mid sized
I am a new member so I cant send a private message, could you please shoot me an email or text? Please send me a PM if you can so I can give you my phone number!

I am located in Las Vegas so we can make a plan to come see it and maybe make something happen

austin.car@icloud.com

Yep. That’s the one that caught my eye. Pre-electronic 466s are hard to come by these days, and a 3060!

No, I’m not in the market for another bus. But if I was…

Peace y’all
Meathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 11:02 AM   #18
Mini-Skoolie

What is the overall length of the 1995 International/Blue Bird? Miles?

Thanks!
marc.72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 07:15 PM   #19

Interested

Again, I'm interested. I'm not exactly sure how to contact you directly as I am knew to this network. Would love to go take a look at your options.

amadoralicia1974@gmail.com
WaltonA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 09:12 PM   #20

I also am interested in the 466. I have been looking for this bus for a couple years, actively for a few months and they’re rare. I live in Ontario and if it wasn’t for the present situation I would fly down and get it. I’m a serious buyer if there’s seriously a way I can get this bus. I want to run alternative fuel and I want a “dual purpose” schoolie to match my klx”351”
John_43 is offline   Reply With Quote