Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2021, 10:03 AM   #1
Scared to Post

FOR SALE: Tiny Home on Wheels project just need your finishing touch!

Selling a 2004 Ford E450 that's been partially converted to a tiny home on wheels. I just retired and am moving and can't take it with me so I'm sacrificing this for $4250 OR best offer by the 31st of July (no reasonable offer refused ;?)

It was previously used as a transit bus for the city of Des Moines and has 259K miles on it. This vehicle was well maintained as is required by the municipality – it runs fine and has no major mechanical issues, it doesn’t burn oil, the transmission is in good working order and it has no leaks of any kind.

I’ve put a LOT of time and money into this project (easily over $9000 and 200 hours labor), mostly due to discovering that the sides were delaminated and the vertical supports were largely rusted through. As you can see in a couple of the photos, I’ve replaced all the body frame supports and including the base support framing and replaced the outer skin with 1/4″ marine grade plywood.

Here's a link to my bus album https://www.skoolie.net/forums/membe...lbums2217.html and I’ll post a link to a YT video where I give a tour of the bus and explain all the materials that come with this, like kitchen cabinets, new instant on water heater, gas stove, all plumbing fixtures (toilet, lav and kitchen sink) brand new window AC, some dimensional lumber, laminate flooring, pine wood planks for walls/ceiling, tiles for countertops etc.). Still need both fresh and gray water tanks, propane tank, shore power wiring and some basic vehicle wiring done (rear lights not working but only because I'm not great with vehicle wiring - had to cut a big bundle of wiring going to the rear of the bus during the body rebuild and I just haven't figured out which ones they are, lol).

This is your chance to get that dream of a tiny home on wheels, I’ve done most of the work and all you have to do is add your finishing touch ;?) Here's the link to that video:

Fearnoevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 02:23 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
People will want to know which engine.
BeNimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 05:58 AM   #3

Is this still available for purchase?
Sarakeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bus conversion, rv conversion, short bus conversion, tiny home on wheels