Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2021, 04:06 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: 44' Newell Coach
Engine: 8v92T Detroit
Rated Cap: 2 adults and two pigeons
Free bus doors & Steel

I have the two front bus doors from my BB AARE 2003 bus available. I won’t be using them and if someone is interested, they are yours for free. All glass is intact and doors are in excellent rust free condition.
I’m in East Mesa, AZ

I also have plenty of 18g steel sheets that I had precut to 42” high for my roof raise. They have surface rust on them but highly useable and in perfect straight condition. I bought them from a steel supplier last October. I ended up using Galvanized sheets instead since I knew my bus would sit unpainted for a while. There is enough steel to do a 15” roof raise on a 40’ bus. All are long lengths cut to the raise height of 42” total. (Overlap accounted for) I could easily put these on CL but honestly, I don’t want them to go to a scrapper. Prefer them to go on a bus.
I have $600 into them but again, yours free if you come and take it. Bring help and a trailer. I can’t help with my back.

Bus'n it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 05:01 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Another great deal on the other side of the world.
Old 03-23-2021, 03:51 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Yep, it’s such a great deal that no one wants the precut sheets of steel to do their bus! LOL!
I will just post it for free on Craigslist. I’d hate it to get scrapped since I bought it from the mill, but I don’t want it to degrade out there even though it’s dry and under a cover. Someone could use it for a trailer. More than likely they’ll scrap it for the $10...
Old 03-23-2021, 04:05 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus'n it View Post
Yep, it’s such a great deal that no one wants the precut sheets of steel to do their bus! LOL!
I will just post it for free on Craigslist. I’d hate it to get scrapped since I bought it from the mill, but I don’t want it to degrade out there even though it’s dry and under a cover. Someone could use it for a trailer. More than likely they’ll scrap it for the $10...
Oh my, I didn't see this when you first posted them...and I was just in Gilbert with my trailer. This is very kind of you, Sir.
rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 02:23 PM   #5

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: C7
Please tell me the steel is still available. I'm in Chandler and I'm prepping for a roof raise.
Selma da Skoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:51 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Well, I do have the steel but may end up keeping it since metal prices have begun to climb. might use it for my underfloor storage unless I could be convinced otherwise. I have the bus doors available too. Been busy with my business to have done anything on the bus.
Old 05-06-2021, 07:08 PM   #7

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: C7
I don't need the doors just the steel. I'm always down to be some labor when you get back to your bus..
Selma da Skoolie is offline   Reply With Quote