Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2020, 04:55 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Arrow FS 2000 Solid Ford E450 7.3L Ready To Roll!

We're moving to the mid west for more overland adventures camping and need to switch to a SUV.

This bus has been great for family adventures! We bought it 2 years ago from a local that used it for an annual NASCAR trip.

It's been garage stored and we did a lot of work to it.

- Removed all flooring and insulated.

- Removed all windows and re-sealed.

- Removed all walls, insulated, and added Tounge 'n groove

- Custom cabinets built and installed.

- Water tank/pump professionally installed in the toolbox behind the bus. Lines are run to the sink but not hooked up to the back of the sink yet. We we're sure about sink location to make it permanent, but I like it by the emergency window so you rotate the sink head to spray out of the window like a mini shower.

- Professional electric system installed including deep cell battery bank, shore power hook ups. This was a $3k upgrade at the shop.

- These oil pans tend to leak over time. Had a mechanic install the custom fiberglass cover to seal and protect it. Never leaked a drop. $1000+ upgrade.

- Rust cleaned off the bottom, treated, and then covered with silver bullet.

- Some rust on areas by the wheel well. I had them trimmed off and new sheet metal installed. Same with the large side door (stainless steel on that).

- Repainted. This was honestly an amateur job with our kids and could use some touching up . It is all good rustoluem paint that was advised in this forum. Since the kids sprayed, you can tell some areas are a deeper blue or could use sanding.

- The bunk beds are a simple creation too. You can always take them out to your own choices.

- Seats AND SEAT BELTS. Required for NYS. The seat behind the driver also folds up against the wall to create more space.

- Retractable awning installed that provides a great shade spot when stopped.

- ***Fully inspected and registered in NYS.

- New brake lines. Newer tires.

- New vinyl plank flooring.

- Taken to the garage for final touches / mechanic inspection. New air filter, new oil was it.

There are a few interior spots that could use finishing that we never got around to. The inside of the double doors aren't wooded in yet and same with the storage above the drive seat.

We focused on all mechanical stuff then got too excited to hit the road before those cosmetic touches haha.

I'd rate the outside in good shape (not great due to our amateur paint job).

Runs and drives great. Since we didn't use it this year, besides a trip to the gas station to put a fresh tank of diesel, the battery may need replacing pretty soon.

My kids use it more for a sleeping place right in our driveway than taking it on adventures so time to switch it up!

I'll get more pics up soon if there's question / not sold yet.

Mechanically, it's 100% done. Interior is 90%.

2000 Ford,
181k miles
7.3L Diesel (this is the reason I bought the bus, the legendary Ford 7.3l)

Asking price $14,500 obo.

Negotiable only based on speed to pick it up, and level of tire kicker-ness AKA, making life easy.

(Sorry, none of the images are posting here?)

https://imgur.com/gxCPJhd

https://imgur.com/zAsFkQ5

https://imgur.com/KHBQmuE

https://imgur.com/2tylUVh

Fold up seat (other one installed after, see below:

https://imgur.com/l3yNna8

https://imgur.com/uMtFk6k

https://imgur.com/rN01n6A

jhashey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:03 AM   #2

Hello,

Could you tell me the ceiling height centerline and at the edge? What is the length of the bus behind the driver's seat? How large is the gas tank and what MPG are you seeing? Would you provide more details on the electrical?

Thanks!
tomwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 03:25 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Hi Tom,

Yes, It's ~ 6ft tall all the way across. We came up an inch on the top and bottom for the wood/insulation. 16 ft from the back of the driver's seat to the back of the bus.

For the electrical, it's 4 deep cell batteries (pictured) installed below the door that used to have the wheelchair lift.

The original box was beat, so they rebuilt the box and hooked up the system. You can switch it (pictured) using the 0, 1, 2 nob to shore power, charge off the alternator while driving, or use the batteries.

For the gas mileage, I'm not 100% sure and don't want to send you in the wrong direction. Previous owner said 11 1/2 when he went to Daytona (mostly highways though). I'll check for the manual on tank size. I put $250 of diesel in it and pretty much took it from empty to 7/8th of a tank.

I also added a picture of the water tank and pump set up behind the bus.
Attached Thumbnails
117526550_331868838003000_3733531517411714829_n.jpg   117651097_642426590016429_756509410560331246_n.jpg   117434974_222762995722116_1971641347769866375_n.jpg   117643708_315177203004897_2088130454700289460_n.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2020, 07:32 PM   #4

Hi. A few questions about the bus - Is this an automatic or stick? What is the inside width? What size is the fresh water tank? I'm assuming that there's no grey water tank hooked up since the sink isn't permanent yet? ARe there electric outlets set anywhere in the bus? What size gas tank is it? Is it possible to post pics of the bus body underside and the engine? Lastly, what part of NYS are you in? Thanks!
Emoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 12:10 AM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Interested

Hi! I PM’d you.
msfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:25 AM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Great, thanks for the PM! I did receive your number and will call today.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:31 AM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoon View Post
Hi. A few questions about the bus - Is this an automatic or stick? What is the inside width? What size is the fresh water tank? I'm assuming that there's no grey water tank hooked up since the sink isn't permanent yet? ARe there electric outlets set anywhere in the bus? What size gas tank is it? Is it possible to post pics of the bus body underside and the engine? Lastly, what part of NYS are you in? Thanks!
Great questions!

We're in Broome County NY.

Interior width is 7ft 6in

Yes, there are a pair of outlets installed on the underside of the cabinets.

There's a small grey water tank we use under the sink. It's roughly 2 gallons (I'll double check). I'll also need to check the size of the water tank in the back. I think 21 gallons.

It is automatic and I'll verify gas tank size. I just put $250 of fresh diesel in it and that about took it from empty to 7/8

Sure thing! I have a few coming to look at it today (not sure if they're serious or just want to look at it for ideas haha). I'll take extra photos for you then.

I do have it registered already as an RV (Home on wheels in NY)
Old 08-12-2020, 11:17 AM   #8

Can you send photos to me, I am interested. Will PM you my email.

Thanks,
barn980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 01:34 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

The adventures of selling stuff . It's been "sold" a few times but the buyers haven't shown up on pick up day.

So here's a quick walk around video here to help:

https://youtu.be/te0PAsAKRQU