Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2016, 02:06 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Gillig
Chassis: Phantom Schoolbus
Engine: Detroit Diesel 6v92TA
Rated Cap: 84
FS - Go Power Extreme - 480 watt solar setup (Portland OR)

Selling a complete setup, minus the batteries (I wouldn't recommend you purchase used batteries from someone anyway). This entire setup was used on an RV for about 14 months, so not new, but everything works perfectly.

I'm in Portland OR, and can deliver south down to Eugene, or east as far as the Dalles. Possibility of delivery all the way out to Indiana, since I'm driving out there later this summer (although I'd need payment now, so understand if this is not a desirable solution for a buyer).

Price new: $3,679 (View it on Amazon Here)

I'm asking $2,500 OBO

Includes:
• Three 160 watt solar panels (tempered glass, heavy-duty aluminum frames)

• 3,000 watt Go Power Pure-Sine inverter (this wouldn't be my first choice in inverters, but the one I really wanted would be $2,150, the Magnum 2800w Sine, so this was a compromise, since it was half the cost, and still got good reviews).

• 30 amp Go Power digital solar controller (this one that came with the kit will work, but I'd suggest upgrading this component to a Mornginstar Tristar 60a for $200, which was what I was planning on doing).

• wired Inverter Remote - control the inverter from a more convenient location

• 75a smart battery charger

• 30a Transfer switch, to auto switch between inverter and shore power, and automatically charge your batteries from shore power when available.

• All cables and fuses - 400a heavy duty fuse block, 10 gauge solar panel cables (with combiner plugs for wiring them together), 0000 heavy gauge cables to go between batteries and inverter.

• The small angle brackets for the panels are also included, but do have caulk on them from the previous install. Half of them are custom made brackets that are slightly longer, to fit the previous installation. You can pretty easily make your own though, from angle brackets you can get at any hardware store.

Reason for selling:Life plans have changed, and although we're keeping the bus, we're no longer trying to finish our build in 6 months... it's now going to be 3-4 years. And we need the cash now, so are selling a few of the items we've accumulated for the build, and will just repurchase when we get to that phase of the build. At least this way we don't have to sell the bus.

sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 01:52 PM   #2
Skoolie

Dropping the price to $2,200 - any takers or offers?
Old 03-22-2016, 03:28 PM   #3
Skoolie

Price drop again - $2,000 - would like to get this sold. Any offers?