Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2019, 12:06 AM   #1
Scared to Post

Hank Bought a Bus - widely shared bus conversion - FOR SALE $12,000 OBO

The link shows a quick walk-through of the bus in it’s current state.

Here are a few links to articles published back when the bus was on its first road trip:
https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2013/...-bought-a-bus/
https://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...icle-1.1431101
https://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifesty...sh-motor-home/

If you've been thinking about converting a bus, there's a chance you've come across this one somewhere on the internet.

I converted this bus in 2013 as the thesis for my architecture degree, and used it for a few years for camping and road-trips. But after moving to the northwest a few years ago I no longer have the time or space to justify keeping it.

In fall of 2018 the interior was refinished (sanded/poly) and the exterior and front cab were painted to get it looking as clean as when I first converted it in 2013.

The bus is currently located in central Wisconsin, about an hour north of Madison, and could be shown there to any interested parties.

A bit more about the bus:

Interior:

This vehicle is set up as a "camper", and is not currently set up for full-time living. (i.e. sink is foot-pump with two small tanks under cabinet, no cooktop installed, small portable toilet in bathroom, no shower)

It functions well for weekend getaways or tailgating with friends. The convertible furniture in the living area allows comfortable seating for 8, sleeping area for 6, and has loads of storage underneath the seats and beds.

The real highlight of the space is the daylight from the windows and skylights, each window with its own privacy/insulation panel that pulls up out of the wall.
The interior was recently refinished, and the photos attached are of the bus in its current condition.

Mechanically:

All brake components need replacing (rotors/calipers/lines) and tires should be replaced before any long-distance driving. (have tread, but dry)
Engine is a CAT 3116 with 225k miles.

At this point I'm looking for offers on "as-is" condition, but can negotiate having necessary brake/tire repairs made if it needs to be driven rather than trailered/towed. If repairs are negotiated with the sale, I'll deliver the bus anywhere in the continental 48 for for the price of gas.

I can be reached for questions/offers at the following email:
hanksbus@gmail.com

Thanks for your time!
hank
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7059.jpg   IMG_7201.jpg   IMG_7077.jpg   IMG_7072.jpg   IMG_7052.jpg  

IMG_7199.jpg   IMG_7194.jpg   IMG_7102.jpg  

hankb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bus, camper, conversion, skoolie