Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2018, 09:00 PM   #1

Question Heads up: Not my bus, but a good deal seen on craigslist

Good Evening. This is not my bus, so I have no interest in the sale. It just seemed too good to pass up of it is in as good a condition as the seller says it is. It is brightly colored with "Funmobile" on the outside. It is probably the remnant of a failed kids art and craft or entertainment business. It does not have many details, but it is an 11 window bus. Asking price, $2500. It can be found in Craigslist ads for Baltimore, MD. I was tempted, but this is way too big for my needs. The ad reads as follows:
It is a 1986 diesel bus that runs perfect. We completely built the inside of this bus from scratch. It is a great way for a small operation to make extra money as it is very unique. It comes with the games and art stations. I just lowered the price. It will be scrapped soon and that will be a shame.
It is located in Pasadena, Md The ad went up 12 days ago (it is now 3/5/1 Good Luck

Movingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:09 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
If they are thinking of scrapping it, they will take $1500, maybe less.

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:27 PM   #3

I agree on trying to reduce the price. It might be worth calling a few scrap yards or used parts yards to find out what the going price is for a scrapped bus and making an offer a little above that. The price for a scrapped car is $250 in this area. I don't think the scrap price for a bus would be all that high.
Movingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:34 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movingon View Post
I agree on trying to reduce the price. It might be worth calling a few scrap yards or used parts yards to find out what the going price is for a scrapped bus and making an offer a little above that. The price for a scrapped car is $250 in this area. I don't think the scrap price for a bus would be all that high.
It can be $200 per ton.

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:22 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Scrap iron here is at like $4/100lb, a 2000b car would net you $80. I think cars and truck salvage price is slightly different, didn't read the prices when I went by today, just saw the sign with current pricing posted.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:10 AM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

So we checked into this one and it has a Detroit 8.2 with an Allison tranny. Good? Bad?
marlinangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:02 AM   #7
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins/Allison
Rated Cap: 74
The 8.2 was an ok powerplant in its time its time has come and gone fairly hard to get parts for pretty hard to get a good mechanic for it I'd pass.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:03 AM   #8
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins/Allison
Rated Cap: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movingon View Post
Good Evening. This is not my bus, so I have no interest in the sale. It just seemed too good to pass up of it is in as good a condition as the seller says it is. It is brightly colored with "Funmobile" on the outside. It is probably the remnant of a failed kids art and craft or entertainment business. It does not have many details, but it is an 11 window bus. Asking price, $2500. It can be found in Craigslist ads for Baltimore, MD. I was tempted, but this is way too big for my needs. The ad reads as follows:
It is a 1986 diesel bus that runs perfect. We completely built the inside of this bus from scratch. It is a great way for a small operation to make extra money as it is very unique. It comes with the games and art stations. I just lowered the price. It will be scrapped soon and that will be a shame.
It is located in Pasadena, Md The ad went up 12 days ago (it is now 3/5/1 Good Luck
If you have no interest in it how did you lower the price on it?
Old 03-07-2018, 11:06 AM   #9
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog 5651 View Post
If you have no interest in it how did you lower the price on it?
The ad reads "I just lowered the price." The seller said that, not the poster here.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bus for sale, craigslist