Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2005, 05:36 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

High-End Conversion For Sale

Beautiful, high-end conversion for sale in Colorado. Must sell for reasons having nothing to do with bus. Mostly completed with some minor work remaining. Weighes in at 20,220 lbs loaded. (Well under the 26,000 lb mark for required CDL in Colorado)

Bus is a 1995 International, 71-passenger, Bluebird conventional. Has DT408 diesel - nice engine - runs great! Good brakes. She crossed several passes on her way through Colorado with no trouble, towing a car. Nice clean body - no rust. Was in service in Illinois school, and driven here (1200 miles) following purchase.

You can see the conversion in process on Michael's web site at http://www.mobilehomestead.com/buses/david1.htm

Well insulated subfloor and sidewalls. I used Reflectix throughout for insulation (about R11 with 1/2 inch air gap). Sturdy 2x4 framing throughout - screws, construction adhesive, and rivets. This beautiful motorhome features nice inside paint, sealed wood trim, Mill's Pride cabinets in kitchen (Sherwood finish), rigged for dishwasher and washer/dryer (not installed). Nice hand made curtains for added insulation.

All new components and appliances throughout including Norcold N841 2-way refrigerator ($1400 value), Precision Temp RV-500 on demand water heater with cold weather/wind package ($1200 value), Suburban NT-34SP 34,000 btu ducted furnace ($650 value), GE 30-inch wide gas range converted to LP. All electronic ignition. LP leak detector, smoke detector, carbon monoxide detector for added safety.

All plumbing (PEX line and PVC drain/vent) and propane lines were installed by a licensed professional plumber. Two 24.5 gallon holding tanks, 40 gallon freshwater tank. All RV hookups including 30 Amp Marinco power inlet with cord set, TV/phone hookup, city water hookup (regulated 60 psi), water fill hatch. Two 30# horizontal LP tanks in vented underbody compartment, also rigged for hookup to external LP tank.

AC and DC wire throughout. All DC lighting - used #10 DC wire. AC is run through metal conduit throughout - used #12-2 romex wire, GFIC outlets. Iota 75-Amp 12V DC power supply ($400 value) with deep cycle battery backup (vented compartment for up to 6 T105 batteries ($ 400 value) which are included with motorhome). AC and DC breaker boxes, Square-D.

Refrigerator is in its own combustion chamber with floor and roof vent. Care was taken to vent combustion from appliances to the outside. Do need to add range hood for range - already wire for it. (Found Range hood for about $69).

Fully plumbed - includes custom 32x32 inch shower, 33-inch double stainless steel kitchen sink, oval bathroom sink, flush toilet, washer dryer hookups. Shurflo 2088 12V DC water pump with accumulator tank.

My background is 10 years in home bulding construction, and 10 years aerospace engineering befor that. Worked last 5 years as firefighter and in fire management.

Mainly needs outside paint job, one wall needs covering in bathroom with switch and light mounted (already purchased), range hood, some carpet on new subfloor, minor trim around bathroom sink counter, a couple compartment doors.

Call for me more details - you can reach me at 719-256-4453 or 719-588-3062. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have. Thanks to Michael for putting the word out on this beautiful motorhome. Currently insured and temporarily registered as a motorhome. She'll make a beautiful rolling home or RV for someone !

firedancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:31 AM   #2
Skoolie

David sent me a bunch more pics of what their School Bus conversion looks like now….
Click on the link below to check it out….
http://www.mobilehomestead.com/buses/david1.htm

Michael & Millie
P.S....
Since I've got a lot of extra space on my website....if any of you 'Bus Folk' out there want to send me pics of your conversions I'd be happy to host them on my site....
Old 01-26-2005, 08:42 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Good looking conversion! What is the price? I would almost rather not know - as long as I don't know, I can dream that I might be able to buy it.

Paul Ryberg
651 770 3524
PRyberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 12:44 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

High End Conversion

As far as sale price on the bus -

If you're interested call me at 719-588-3062, and I'll be happy to go over it with you.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:53 AM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

About the DT408 Diesel Engine

I've been getting calls on the motorhome and several folks have asked about the DT408.

Here's what I have read on this particular engine;

The DT408 was developed to provide more power than the DT360 (given emissions modifications to the DT360) for better performance on grades and hills. It is a very good engine. It was produced from 1994 to 1996. When it was determined they could make the DT466 for about the same cost, they stopped production on the DT408.

I opted for the DT408 because of the mountainous terrain here in Colorado, and the steep hills where I live. This 71-passenger bus was driven over two or three passes (coming down Hwy 285) on its way here from Illinois, towing a car.