Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2009, 02:35 PM   #1

Year: 1982
Coachwork: GMC
Rated Cap: 70
I have a 40ft CIty Metro Bus

I really dont know what I got myself into, I am not a carpenter I am not mechanically anything but this is what I think I have and what I have done so far.

I have a 1983 GMC city bus. Its a diesel detroit automatic with an allison transmission. It is 40 feet. Completely gutted on the inside to design any way you want. Right now there is bamboo flooring on 1/2 the floor. There is also a brand new wood stove as of 2008 with sealed flute and rotating chinese cap. Right now the temporary inside will sleep 6-8 people very comfortably. There is no electricity or running water. It would cost about $350 to put electricity in. This is a camping, hunting, or party bus. THIS IS NOT A SELF SUSTAINED RV. It can be if you have the time, money, & knowledge which i do not. It is a solid very stable, very comfortable and very smooth running piece of machinery. Like I said before I know nothing about busses or driving anything this big. And it is EXTREMELY SMOOTH AND EASY TO DRIVE.

Everything in this runs off of air basically, and there is a pannel full of switches that control everything. The doors, wipers, kneel, fans, windows, power, lights, everything is right there at the flick of a switch to your left and powered by air. It has a brand new alternator & fuel filters in it. It also comes with a spare tire, alternator, voltage regulator, and dashboard guages. The tires on there now are at about 85% and are RE_GROOVABLE if brought to any tire place. The tabs on there are good till November 2009 and I have had this vehicle re-classed and re-titled to an RV so tabs are only $115/year and insurance quotes a 1983 RV now instead of a 1983 commercial vehicle. Cheaper all around. I have also welded in two undercarriage storage compartments, and ripped out the rear wheel chair lift to put in a heat reflective panel for the woodburning stove. This is a good deal for anyone looking to make their dream RV. This is an RTS or so one guy that came out and looked at it called it, and he was flabbergasted that it had sat on my cement driveway for 2 months and there was no oil or fluid stains. I have 2 original manuals for it. It gets about 10/mpg. I have driven this thing from Portland to Seattle twice and from Seattle up to Crystal mountain about a dozen times (about 1000 miles total).

I am off Mondays and Tuesdays if that doesnt work I am usually free after 6pm. I live/work/play on the mountain so cell service and internet arent exactly practical up there be patient for replies. I dont really have interior pics, but like I said the interior is temporary but still sleeps 8. Right now this is a very practical camping or hunting RV with plenty of potential for more to the right individual. Unfortunately i am not him. I wish I were.

I am open to all fair and reasonable offers or trades.
My cell is
612-865-7355
Adam
My email is whispers8021 at gmail dot com

The main reason I am selling this is because I am moving and it would cost way to much on the ferry to get it over there. I have no place to store it, no place to work on it, and no way of taking it with me. My loss is your gain hopefully. If you need pics I have a few on this computer or I can go take some more if you want to see something specific. Thanks for reading my post.

WHISPERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:22 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Re: I have a 40ft CIty Metro Bus

Where is the bus located? I see you have a Twin Cities phone number, but that's a long ways away from Washington or any mountains you might be playing in.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:14 AM   #3

Year: 1982
Rated Cap: 70

It is located in Enumclaw,WA about an hour South of Seattle and its been to Crystal mountain, snoqualmie, and Rainier since I have owned it.
WHISPERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:56 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1985
Chassis: Blue Bird School
Engine: Detroit 8.2T Turbo Diesel

how much? and good going on crystal, i have skied sat and sun there every weekend during the season since 93'
SKIBUSENTRPNR is offline   Reply With Quote