All, I just bought a bus and it will be for sale in a few months in the Pullman, WA / Moscow, ID / Coeur d'Alene, ID / Lewiston, ID area.
I will be gutting it for use as a moving van. It will have two twin-sized bunks and a primitive galley, sawdust toilet, and a closet installed, too - and plenty of cargo room if you want to use it as a moving van, too. It might even have a cheap inverter and 110 wired in, and will include a 20-ton bottle jack and probably a 1" breaker bar, wheel socket, and extension.
Available this fall, possibly sooner.
Not sure on the timing: if I get a job offer sooner, it may be available sooner.
Looking for a bus? Want to put in a bid for what color you want?
To move to Idaho I need to go through some states that are death on yellow skoolies. Thus, I need to do a rolled Rustoleum paint job, and the wife doesn't care what color I paint it. I may very well paint it to your liking in hopes that you'll want it at the other end. No obligation, of course. But it would amuse me if this paint-to-order trick worked.
The bus will sell for aound $4K, probably
- or best offer! It depends on how much more we do to it or have to sink into it. It cost us $2800, and we'll be gutting it, painting it, and adding some (admittedly rustic) RV amenities. We'll also be changing the oil, probably the transmission fluid and differential oil. and the serpentine belt and tensioner as well.
- 2002 Freightliner with a Thomas FS-65 chassis;
- 10 window/11 rows of seats;
- 204K miles or so (estimated), low hours for those miles;
- Cummins 5.9 which starts right up;
- Allison 2000 overdrive transmission;
- Governed at 60;
- Only dropped to 51 at the top of a substantial hill;
- Air brakes;
- Air door;
- Air-ride rear suspension;
- Spot of rust poking through the paint at the top of one of the wheel wells (which I will be repairing as part of the paint job);
- Bit of rust near an exhaust pipe joint;
- No body damage other than the wheel well acne;
- Oil leak at front of engine (will be dealt with before we leave);
- One moderately small underbody box;
- Good tread and age on the tires;
- Spare tire included;
- All service records since it was new;
- Sold to me by a very kind and helpful bus mechanic who flips a few buses a year;
- It behaved flawlessly on my 200 mile ride home. OK, a turn signal light was out, but that'll be fixed tomorrow.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 540 394-2631 (ofc) / 540 577-0933 (cell)