Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2020, 01:04 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: MVP ER
Engine: CAT 3126
Incomplete AC system

A few months ago I salvaged the remains of an AC system, made by ACC, out of a 2010 International with a Krystal charter bus body. I was originally going to use it in my bus, but decided instead that I will just buy another bus. Then take out the parts I need that will better fit my bus and offer that bus for sale when I'm done stripping it. But that's a thing for a different day.

This is a split system using two pairs of condensers and evaporators with one compressor. The front evaporator also has a heater core in it. This bus had spent quite a bit of time in the corner of the lot at work as a parts source and so there are parts missing.

One of the front evaporator blowers is missing and while photographing the parts today I realized the other front blower has bent shafts. The compressor may still be salvageable, but I suspect needs a rebuild. The rear condenser appears to have a leak from corrosion. Accumlator is included for reference only and should not be reused. The front unit was built into the forward bulkhead of the bus and has no case, though I do have front duct defuser but it's in poor shape. The rear evaporator case has a small break around one of the ducts, but I have the broken piece and it should just glue back in.

I'll let these go for basically what it will take to ship them. I'm also offering delivery of these parts within a reasonable area (within 3 days travel round trip from Washington DC).

Truthseeker4449 is offline   Reply With Quote