Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2021, 06:01 PM   #1

ISO non EGR DT466 or 8.3 Cummins

Okay! Itís happening! We are ready to bus our bus!!! We are a family of 4 looking for our full time bus/home.

ISO: NON CONVERTED (stripped is okay) PRE 2004 (or pre emissions) 37-40ft flat nose/FE bus with DT466 or 8.3 Cummins engine. Allison trans (5 or 6 speed automatic) With low miles/hours.
Minimal to no rust. 90%+ on tires.

Budget is <5k.

Willing to travel for perfect bus.

MUST HAVE CLEAR TITLE IN HAND!
KSheff1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:06 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Welcome! This is an exciting time for you...and I wish you the best of luck in your search. You've clearly done some studying and picked some good needs. Kudos to you for that.

I don't want to dampen your excitement, but I think the general feedback you're going to get is that some of your criteria don't align with the others. Pre-2004 and low miles/hours are going to be rare. And those combinations, if you can find them, won't go for <$5k in this market right now. If you can find all of that for your budget, then we'll all be excited for you...and want to know your source.
rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:25 PM   #3

Thanks for the feedback. That’s why I put (or pre emissions) cause the EGR regs seem to start in all different years. As far as the mileage, “low” is subjective. I didn’t put an exact number for that very reason. To some people “low” is under 100k; some it’s <500k. It’s all about maintenance. So far I have 3 buses lined up to go see this week within a 10mi radius of me. We’ll see if any of them work out ����*♀️
KSheff1122 is offline   Reply With Quote