Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2005, 11:25 AM   #1
Skoolie

Kohler gennie found, grab it quick!

I was wandering Holland Auto Parts, an auto junkyard in Billerica Massachusetts, on Treble Cove Road, on Wednesday. Google it, or 411 for more info, I don't have the number/address to hand.

Lo and behold, there was a white 1986 GMC with a Grumman high-cube box, just sitting there, it had apparently arrived the day before!
It is a former Electrical Utility service/repair vehicle.

Inside the unit is a water-cooled Kohler generator, gasoline-powered four cylinder unit, 230/115 VAC 60 cycle, WITH the breaker panel (three 30 amp breakers for the 230VAC, six or eight 15 amp 115 VAC breakers), everything!!!
There is also a blower (for manhole ventilation) and a small air compressor, but THAT looked trashed.

I believe the gennie's a low RPM unit, but could be wrong. It looked in excellent shape.
The grilled door that covers the gennie is also intact, as is the interior box/frame that covers/contains the unit. Grab it all, OK?

Get there ASAP and grab this thing, if I had the $$ I'd do it myself.
No, I don't make any $$ off of this, just Karma Brownie Points. I can use 'em.

The truck looked clean, probably just too old for the utility to keep maintaining.

GRAB IT QUICK!!!

Old 04-08-2005, 11:33 AM   #2
Skoolie

Addendum-Holland Auto phone #

Holland Auto's phone number:
800-557-5790.

GRAB THAT GENNIE! I'd HATE to see it trashed!