Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2021, 09:26 PM   #1

Looking for 25’-33’ Skoolie w 5.9 12v or DT466 mechanicall

Hi all,

This will be my second skoolie . I did one I loved back in 2005-2007 and it’s come time to return to a forever bus.

Dog nose or flat nose . Rear or Fwd engine .

My main requirements -

•Length 25’ minimum-33’ maximum

•5.9 Cummins 12 valve or DT466 Mechanical

•preferably wheel chair lift door in rear or mid not front . Will consider one in the front . Or very least for right bus an extra midship large exit door..

•southern or desert location I am spoiled by vehicles that not been on salted winter roads and don’t want one that has .

Kind Regards. Thanks for any leads or replies. I’m so happy to be bitten by the Old Skoolie Bug ☺️🥰

HueManatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 02:19 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 14
I have one with the T444E engine and a 5-speed transmission, PM me if interested for details.
Brad_SwiftFur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 12:22 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2006
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Mercedes
Hi HueManatee,
I have a titled/registered Motorhome that meets part of your call out.
2006 Thomas/Freightliner, Mercedes engine, Alisan Trans, 102,ooo Mls +/-, rear handy-cap door, cruse control, run great at 70mph. PM me if interested
SawsSandBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 04:19 AM   #4

Yeah I suppose let’s have a look at what ya got
Old 08-23-2021, 04:22 AM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Here is the info. I am going to post it live 4 sale:
4 Sale - 2006 30 ft Thomas FS65 / Whl Chr Lift-Rear Side / Mercedes MBE900 Diesel / Allison 2500 Auto Trans

Things I know:
- 2006 Mercedes MBE 900 Diesel
- Allison Auto Transmission, model 2500 (Det rear gear 5.13, geared at higher RPMs, per manufacturer)
- Dog Nose - Thomas built body / Freightliner Chassis
- 30 feet in length, Handicap w/ chairlift at rear side
- 102,ooo mls +/-
- Air breaks and Air Ride Suspension
- Runs the Freeway at 67-70 mph, then governor kicks in, 60 gal tank – it is currently full
- Original factory Cruse Control working
- Bonus Feature - most of the bus, inside and out are Screwed Not Rivet Fasteners
- 21ft behind driver seat, no wheel humps (flat run), two ceiling hatches,
- Tinted window with black frame coating, 8 windows deep with 4 emergency windows
- From Parma, OH school district (told it was a first student "backup bus" for the district, for past few yrs)
- Was OH State Highway Road Certified for service year 2020-2021
- Should be able to camp at most National Parks, as I could see
- Ceiling is at 6’ 1”

Work that has been done:
- Paperwork for deemed Motorhome via Vermont has been approved and processed, Email confirmation
- Painted Tan to cover the “Ticket me Bus Yellow”, other updates can easy remove to start fresh
- Bus side stop sign and arm removed
- Two rows of seats remain, with drivers seat – seating for 9 / all passage seats are child restraint
- Started labeling as disconnecting wiring for unnecessary bus lights/equipment
- Shut off gate values to rear and front floor heaters. Did not close off lines as may yet have use
- removed and reset several inside screws for ease of removal testing – most without issue

Mechanical/Auto Needs:
- Tires have good tread, not certain about date coding.
- Light rust along rear bumper line and each bottom of doors
- Had spoken w/ assigned mechanic and last oil change at 97,151-oil,filter,greased and fluids topped
3 newer batteries, started right up w/out jump, after full summer of parking

It drives and handles great with 21 feet of flat floor plain, due to wheelchair design. Originally purchased for Skoolie Motorhome and Mobile Office/client meeting area. Selling due to new long term family health issues, life balance (family 1st) and I need to keep project lists to a reasonable number. This is an AWESOME bus, but would not get to it in a timely manner and I know you will complete it sooner then I.
VIN for your reference: VIN 4UZAAXDG37CX70800

Priced to sell at $4,490, PM if interest
Old 08-25-2021, 09:12 AM   #6

Pictures worth 1000 words

Hey so that sounds interesting and decent bus.
Can you message or post pics ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SawsSandBox View Post
Here is the info. I am going to post it live 4 sale:
4 Sale - 2006 30 ft Thomas FS65 / Whl Chr Lift-Rear Side / Mercedes MBE900 Diesel / Allison 2500 Auto Trans

Things I know:
- 2006 Mercedes MBE 900 Diesel
- Allison Auto Transmission, model 2500 (Det rear gear 5.13, geared at higher RPMs, per manufacturer)
- Dog Nose - Thomas built body / Freightliner Chassis
- 30 feet in length, Handicap w/ chairlift at rear side
- 102,ooo mls +/-
- Air breaks and Air Ride Suspension
- Runs the Freeway at 67-70 mph, then governor kicks in, 60 gal tank – it is currently full
- Original factory Cruse Control working
- Bonus Feature - most of the bus, inside and out are Screwed Not Rivet Fasteners
- 21ft behind driver seat, no wheel humps (flat run), two ceiling hatches,
- Tinted window with black frame coating, 8 windows deep with 4 emergency windows
- From Parma, OH school district (told it was a first student "backup bus" for the district, for past few yrs)
- Was OH State Highway Road Certified for service year 2020-2021
- Should be able to camp at most National Parks, as I could see
- Ceiling is at 6’ 1”

Work that has been done:
- Paperwork for deemed Motorhome via Vermont has been approved and processed, Email confirmation
- Painted Tan to cover the “Ticket me Bus Yellow”, other updates can easy remove to start fresh
- Bus side stop sign and arm removed
- Two rows of seats remain, with drivers seat – seating for 9 / all passage seats are child restraint
- Started labeling as disconnecting wiring for unnecessary bus lights/equipment
- Shut off gate values to rear and front floor heaters. Did not close off lines as may yet have use
- removed and reset several inside screws for ease of removal testing – most without issue

Mechanical/Auto Needs:
- Tires have good tread, not certain about date coding.
- Light rust along rear bumper line and each bottom of doors
- Had spoken w/ assigned mechanic and last oil change at 97,151-oil,filter,greased and fluids topped
3 newer batteries, started right up w/out jump, after full summer of parking

It drives and handles great with 21 feet of flat floor plain, due to wheelchair design. Originally purchased for Skoolie Motorhome and Mobile Office/client meeting area. Selling due to new long term family health issues, life balance (family 1st) and I need to keep project lists to a reasonable number. This is an AWESOME bus, but would not get to it in a timely manner and I know you will complete it sooner then I.
VIN for your reference: VIN 4UZAAXDG37CX70800

Priced to sell at $4,490, PM if interest
Old 08-25-2021, 04:52 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

More Pics for 4 Sale - 2006 30 ft Thomas FS65 / Whl Chr Lift-Rear Side / Mercedes MBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HueManatee View Post
Hey so that sounds interesting and decent bus.
Can you message or post pics ?
If you look into the Community section item for sale . i listed it within this, I want to say Monday under:
I had just added more photos today. I have a few that would like to se it,so do not wait long. and PM me if you would like. Some say they are getting a no through message - but there are making its way through.
thks
Old 09-05-2021, 12:08 PM   #8

I also live in southern Oregon and I have a very rare and unicorn 27 foot handicap bus for sale. It is getting a roof raise done at the moment.

https://www.skoolielivin.com/classified/2004-thomas-27ft-roof-raised-school-bus-conversion-for-sale-oregon/
Mavdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 valve cummins, 5.9 cummins, bus wanted, dt466