Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2020, 12:58 AM   #1

Looking for 4 Window Shortbus Skoolie Already Built - nothing fancy

Hi, I'm in Los Angeles looking for a skooolie with the basics -a bed, a floor, a sink. On the low budget end, but watcha got? Thanks for any tips. Would possibly travel up to 1000 miles for it.

Gabor Latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 01:21 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 2002
Chassis: Ford e450
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
If it's the basics you're looking for on a low budget I'd recommend looking at the auction sites for a bus just out of service. You could put in a bed and the other things you mentioned pretty easily yourself. The auction buses should come with extensive service records. I think this is more reliable than anything 'second hand' - who knows how it's been maintained since coming out of service. This isn't a hard and fast rule, but just my opinion on the best route based one some experience.

Sites:
govdeals
publicsurplus
purplewave

There are others.

Other than that you can look at FB groups for converted buses - Skoolies for Sale for one. Don't tell people your budget as many do, they don't need to know that.
Use searchtempest.com to search craigslists, any distance from you.
FB Marketplace.
awilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 04:43 AM   #3

thanks for the reply. i recently hurt my back and can hardly hammer a nail, otherwise i would've loved to built a skoolie home from a bus's bare bones. i had been looking the auction sites before the back injury, tho' never heard of purplewave till now. good one to file in the noggin.

but what's great about your reply is the turn-on to searchtempest.com, which, again, i didn't know of, and it's a great way to get a wider scope or range of craigslist ads! thanks so much for the tip! i had been doing separate zip codes far and wide on CL - this expedites all that. and meanwhile i found a bus together that so far looks like could be my new baby. will look at it tomorrow.
Gabor Latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 06:10 AM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 2002
Chassis: Ford e450
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabor Latte View Post
thanks for the reply. i recently hurt my back and can hardly hammer a nail, otherwise i would've loved to built a skoolie home from a bus's bare bones. i had been looking the auction sites before the back injury, tho' never heard of purplewave till now. good one to file in the noggin.

but what's great about your reply is the turn-on to searchtempest.com, which, again, i didn't know of, and it's a great way to get a wider scope or range of craigslist ads! thanks so much for the tip! i had been doing separate zip codes far and wide on CL - this expedites all that. and meanwhile i found a bus together that so far looks like could be my new baby. will look at it tomorrow.
That's great! Searchtempest is how I found my e450. Happy looking!
awilder is offline   Reply With Quote