Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2018, 11:47 AM   #1

looking for 4x4 school bus to buy

everyone says im crazy so that is why my handle.
i saw a 4x4 school bus in sioux falls sd many years ago that was purchased in arizona.
i am wanting to find one for sale that has a mechanical 12 valve cummins or a dta360/dta466.and manual transmission and hydrolic brakes.

i am not too concerned about the condition of the body as that will go on a trailer frame for storage or to the scrap yard. i have an 1982 gmc crew cab dually that i want to put on the 4x4 frame. transfer case on these is divorced and you can run in 2wd with no problem. problem with buying a military 6x6 is they are full time 6 low or 6 high on the transfer case.
i would prefer a running bus, but one needing a new/rebuilt engine is doable as i can have it trucked by a friend with a semi and low boy trailer. i live in rural south dakota right now and will be moving to my montana property in about 5 years. any help locating will be greatly appreciated!!

insanecandycane is offline   Reply With Quote