Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2016, 11:24 AM   #21
Bus Crazy

So, Steven -

Welcome - it's good to have a responsible spokesman of the opposing viewpoint here, so to speak. I'm hoping you can contribute more than just fishing for sales leads. Where do you get your rolling stock? What do you do to your buses to make it worth the premium over an auction bus or a Craigslist bus? Do you pass through the service records if you receive them? Inspect? perform needed bodywork? Anything more than just wash them and toss them out on the lot with a balloon tied to them?

Inquiring minds want to know.

dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 11:46 AM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-fox View Post
So, Steven -

Welcome - it's good to have a responsible spokesman of the opposing viewpoint here, so to speak. I'm hoping you can contribute more than just fishing for sales leads. Where do you get your rolling stock? What do you do to your buses to make it worth the premium over an auction bus or a Craigslist bus? Do you pass through the service records if you receive them? Inspect? perform needed bodywork? Anything more than just wash them and toss them out on the lot with a balloon tied to them?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Greetings Dan. Thanks for the welcoming. I as well am hoping to contribute to the forum more than just trying to generate sales . Some may frown on my sales presence in the forum and i can surely understand that. My take on it though is im not here to try and cram sales down anybodies throat......rather im here to help if anybody is in search of a bus to be converted or even to be used in some other fashion by offering them the peace of mind that comes from buying a quality bus from a reputable dealer.We take pride in and stand behind all of our buses 100%.Now, to answer some of your questions . Question 1: Majority of our stock comes from school districts across the state. When they retire thier buses, ( many of which have years of life left and are exceptional quality but are retired because they are mandated to get new fleets with budget renewals) we take them in on trades for new buses as we are also a dealer for new buses as well. Question 2: As i said we stand behind buses and we definately dont just take them in a pass them right back out. Our mission at DBBS is to service the transportation industry with the best selection of safe high quality vehicles while accepting no less than excellence in the customer experience. We take that seriously.....and our reputation speaks for itself in reassuring that. When we receive service records with a bus we absolutely pass them through. We take great pride in making sure your getting the best bus for your money.......we cant survive in the business by just trying to nail a sale and moving on. Our future lies within making sure your satisfied after your purchase with your bus and you come back in the future as well as spread the word about the excellent experience you had with us.
buscrazysteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:09 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris C View Post
Where in VT are you? I'm in Williston. I'm still in the process of searching but am looking for a full size. The only dealer anywhere near me is Don Brown's Bus Sales so I'm planning a trip out there sometime within the next month or so. Let me know if you wanted to tag along.
Hey Chris c, I am located in Bolton so right around the corner from you! Glad to find someone else looking to convert a bus in my area. I am also still on the hunt. I have looked at the online inventory at don brown and since I'm getting pretty picky about what I want I havnt seen anything that completely fits the bill yet but always checking back. But anyway would love to chat with you about your plans and resources and tools you are using etc.
Hineighbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:59 AM   #24
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hineighbor View Post
Thanks for the Welcome. Just looking around craigslist I found this one. any thoughts?

https://glensfalls.craigslist.org/cto/5480649263.html
I think maybe it's been sold. The posting appears to have been taken down.
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 05:53 PM   #25
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Champion
Chassis: Ford e-450
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 14
Bolton? Williston? An area I'm familiar with. I have a bunch of friends around there-and I race up Mt. Philo every Oct.

my bus build https://www.skoolie.net/gallery/Skoolies/Sped
sdwarf36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:48 PM   #26
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
to the OP, dan brown has some nice units.. I never made the trek up there but he has some decent shorter busses.. be careful with the VT365's if they havent had their updates they are likely to fail... but he has some DT466's and I noticed at least a couple IC CE200's which are generally shorter busses.. the IC BE series are also shorter but are not on nearly as heavy duty chassis as the CE.. and there is much less room under the bus for adding generators, tanks, etc.. but they are economical to buy and operate if you are just dong a mild conversion..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote