Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2023, 06:04 PM   #1

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Girardin
Chassis: E-350
Engine: International 7.3L IDI
Rated Cap: 12
Looking for a replacement short bus window

Hi everyone. I'm a new member so please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong!

I have a converted 4-window short bus, and last week somebody tried to break in by prying open one of the sliding side windows. Fortunately they got scared off before they were able to get in, but they managed to do some serious damage. Does anyone have a widow that would work as a replacement? The old widow is inside-mounted. The frame measures:

25" wide
25 7/8" tall
1" thick

There is a label printed on the glass that says:
Lamiver
Lamilite 60 as3 g28
Laminated glass
CAN 2-12.1-1 DOT 452

I'm looking for any window that fits into that spot. I see a lot of people taking windows out, so I'm hoping somebody has a matching window that they don't need! I'm located in the SF Bay area in California.

I'm also looking into alternatives, so I'm open to suggestions! I'm thinking about replacing it with a fixed sheet of polycarbonate, but I've had a hard time finding material that is both uv-resistant and has a dark tint to match the other windows.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20230303_021400611.jpg  

simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 09:28 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2006
Chassis: IC CE300 (PB105)
Engine: DT466e @245hp | Allison 3000PTS
Rated Cap: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon View Post
Hi everyone. I'm a new member so please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong!

I have a converted 4-window short bus, and last week somebody tried to break in by prying open one of the sliding side windows. Fortunately they got scared off before they were able to get in, but they managed to do some serious damage. Does anyone have a widow that would work as a replacement? The old widow is inside-mounted. The frame measures:

25" wide
25 7/8" tall
1" thick

There is a label printed on the glass that says:
Lamiver
Lamilite 60 as3 g28
Laminated glass
CAN 2-12.1-1 DOT 452

I'm looking for any window that fits into that spot. I see a lot of people taking windows out, so I'm hoping somebody has a matching window that they don't need! I'm located in the SF Bay area in California.

I'm also looking into alternatives, so I'm open to suggestions! I'm thinking about replacing it with a fixed sheet of polycarbonate, but I've had a hard time finding material that is both uv-resistant and has a dark tint to match the other windows.

Thanks!
The glass is in those is usually standard automotive glass, any glass shop should be able to replace. I usually replace with a Lexan-type of hybrid instead of auto glass (sorry I can't remember the name) - it's "pre-tinted" and shatter-proof. My local glass shop can usually do for about $100 - less if I take the window out of the bus and give to him to cut on labor.
https://youtube.com/@thetslabus
Dbacks2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 12:49 AM   #3

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Girardin
Chassis: E-350
Engine: International 7.3L IDI
Rated Cap: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbacks2k4 View Post
The glass is in those is usually standard automotive glass, any glass shop should be able to replace. I usually replace with a Lexan-type of hybrid instead of auto glass (sorry I can't remember the name) - it's "pre-tinted" and shatter-proof. My local glass shop can usually do for about $100 - less if I take the window out of the bus and give to him to cut on labor.
Hey Dbacks, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the would-be burglar mangled up the frame pretty bad trying to pry it open so I don't think it's reasonable to try to bend it back into shape. Good to know about that option for future reference though.
simon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window, windows