Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2017, 02:04 PM   #1

Looking For Converted Bus!

Hey all,

First time poster. My wife and I are looking for a converted or partially converted bus. We are located in Phoenix. Our budget is 10-20k. We are not sure on the exact size that we want. We looked at a non-converted 84P but it seemed slightly large.

Thanks!

ssm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:00 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Size is relative.

Perhaps before you purchase you should visit some RV shows or dealers and get an idea of what the space inside a moho will be like.

When a bus is seated and more so when the seats are all removed the interior can look like a vast expanse of nothing. Put in a few cabinets and walls and all of a sudden the vast expanse of nothing can turn into a cramped little space.

IMHO, the only time a short bus should be chosen is if the locations you expect to visit with the bus a long bus would be a problem.

I think after you have been in a few you will realize the difference is space is well worth choosing the larger bus.

As an alternative considering your budget you may want to consider purchasing a Wanderlodge--coach built interiors built in school buses at the factory.

Good luck.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:14 PM   #3

I am in the process of converting a 89 chevy g30 bus that will be for sale in the next month or 2. This is probably one of the smallest buses available but will sleep 4 have a kitchen, convertible both dining table, composting toilet (much better than dealing with black water in my opinion), and a Dickinson propane heater. Fully insulated with all bus windows removed and replaced with real windows and a sky light in the emergency hatch. Let me know if you are interested. Would be willing to build you a custom bus if that is too small.
Rynstine is offline   Reply With Quote