Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2021, 08:29 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 0000
Coachwork: Soon to come 2021
Chassis: Soon to come 2021
Engine: Soon to come 2021
Rated Cap: Soon to come 2021
Cool Looking for Converted bus in NC or surrounding areas

Looking for Converted bus in NC or surrounding areas
🧿🧿🧿 I decided to switch gears a bit here. Thank you to those that gave encouragement, positive and constructive feedback, suggestions, and education. I greatly appreciate it. I am learning more and more as I go. I am looking for a partial to fully converted bus for about $10,000. I understand that this is a stretch. I am willing to do work/pay for work to be done. Please see below.

Looking in NC but will travel for the right bus
Thomas or Blue Bird
International Chassis
Engine types:
1. Cummins (5.9L, 6.7L and 8.3L) no #53 block 🚫
2. DT (360 or 466)
3. CAT C7

Automatic transmission preferably Allison
At least a year 2001 or newer
Mileage no more than 175,000
Little to no rust (already treated with rustoleum inside bus before insulation and flooring. Sanded and treated outside and undercarriage rust)
No salvage or junk title or Liens

Offering $3 to $5k with at least roof sealed, insulation and flooring done and insulation covered. $5k to 10k for insulation, flooring, plumbing and electrical. PREFER (Not a requirement ) all listed above, AC and/or heating already installed, walls built (don’t have to be painted or finished), and appliances available or already installed. Willing to build interior furnishings and put in appliances myself. This may be asking a lot but I know it can be done. Am open to sales, resources, encouragement and constructive suggestions and feedback. ***More information may be added as I go. ***
‼️If you do not have anything positive to say, please keep it to yourself. If you feel the need to tell me that you don’t feel this could be done, offer suggestions or keep it to yourself. I am not looking for negativity or miserable individuals. You will get ignored and/or deleted on my post.‼️ Thank you and Many Blessings 🖤🖤🖤✨✨✨🧿🧿🧿

Mysustainablelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 09:04 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
YOU can't delete posts from your thread. The last year or so has seen a great increase in the price of used buses. The good one from 95-04 are pretty much gone. Now the newer ones are being offered at much higher pricing, and the goods one, the owners think are made of gold when they go to sell them. It's not unusual for you to see buses in the $8-$10k range AS IS. With the price of building materials going through the roof trying to build a Skoolie for $10k incuding bus purchase is a real stretch. Not trying to bust your bubble but you're being unreasonable in your request. It ain't easy building one of these and no one wants to give away their work. Again, If I found a converted bus for $10k, I would expect to have to gut it and rebuild it right.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:38 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Integrated Coach Corp.
Chassis: RE-300 42ft
Engine: 466ci
Rated Cap: 90
"Surrounding area" VA, GA, TN, SC? Are you willing to come to FL?
DeMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 11:07 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
YOU can't delete posts from your thread. The last year or so has seen a great increase in the price of used buses. The good one from 95-04 are pretty much gone. Now the newer ones are being offered at much higher pricing, and the goods one, the owners think are made of gold when they go to sell them. It's not unusual for you to see buses in the $8-$10k range AS IS. With the price of building materials going through the roof trying to build a Skoolie for $10k incuding bus purchase is a real stretch. Not trying to bust your bubble but you're being unreasonable in your request. It ain't easy building one of these and no one wants to give away their work. Again, If I found a converted bus for $10k, I would expect to have to gut it and rebuild it right.
I can definitely ignore the negativity hence me putting and/or. “Unreasonable in my request”… ok. I am going to address you on this occasion. This is an open forum so I expect individuals to give me their opinions based off of their experience and their opinions based on the research they have obtained in interpreted. However, in the future it may be more beneficial to the forum and those seeking information, for you to ask questions first instead of assuming that what was put in a description is the entire situation. You don’t know what I may or may not have access to when it comes to materials, skills, what offers I have already been given that I may be weighing in on, etc. With that being said, I do appreciate the insight on the increase in pricing you have found in your research. I have seen that in some areas and lower prices for similar buses and conversions in other areas. I do hope that future interactions, if there are any, are more conducive to an even exchange of information. Have a great day/evening.
Old 07-30-2021, 11:09 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMac View Post
"Surrounding area" VA, GA, TN, SC? Are you willing to come to FL?
Hi. I am willing if it is a good fit. 😊
Old 07-31-2021, 12:08 AM   #6
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Integrated Coach Corp.
Chassis: RE-300 42ft
Engine: 466ci
Rated Cap: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysustainablelife View Post
Hi. I am willing if it is a good fit. ��

I re-read you post(s). Idk if FL has the "perfect bus".

Recyclers are paying $2000 to scap them down here. Local dismantlers have them for $3000.

(Flies/Honey/Vineger)
DeMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 05:34 AM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMac View Post
I re-read you post(s). Idk if FL has the "perfect bus".

Recyclers are paying $2000 to scap them down here. Local dismantlers have them for $3000.

(Flies/Honey/Vineger)
I definitely don’t expect a perfect bus. I’m not sure if that exists lol. But I am big on putting out what I would like and seeing where it takes me. I won’t know unless I ask. I’m definitely open to look at what others suggest. So if you see an ad for a bus, feel free to send it on. Thanks 😊

Tags
bus, converted bus, partially converted, rvs, skoolie