Old 07-19-2020, 07:32 PM   #1

Smile Looking to buy our first bus!

Hello all,

My partner and I have been talking and planning out an eventual homestead and bus-life for over a decade. We were looking to start working on a bus in about a year but our current circumstances (our lease is not going to be renewed so we are temporarily housing with a friend starting August) have sped up the process. Through the little weve managed to save during covid and generous help from friends and clients, weve put together enough that we should be able to buy a bus and get through the basic necessities of a conversion.

Im hoping to find a bus sometime between mid-August to early-September (after weve relocated) so we can hopefully get a bulk of work done before the winter.

I will be in Virginia but can travel for the right offer. 

From the research Ive done, were looking for:
  • A bus from around 2002 or older
  • A transmission with a bit more power than an AT545 (I will be honest that I know little about auto mechanics but I guess Ill be learning a lot with this chapter of life) - since well be travelling a handful and boondocking
  • ~9+ window length
  • engine in front
  • minimal rust

(Dog nose or flat in front)

Were working with a relatively tight budget and Im hoping to find something around $3K. (Unless youve already started the work and then theres a bit more wiggle room)

If youve got one for sale or have any good recommendations (aside from keeping an eye on marketplace and auctions) - let me know! 

Thanks for reading.

-Ian
encryptedritual is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iso bus