Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 04:26 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: Gill
Coachwork: Gillig
Engine: 636 c.i. CAT V8
Rated Cap: 33,700 GVWR
Many many many things available

I have several fresh 6V92's for sale at great prices. Also DT466 Internationals.

And Allison trannies for Detroits and Cummins and CATs. RTO Road Ranger transmissions (10 speeds) to fit either CAT 3208 or 855 cubic inch (or 743) 250/270/290 Cummins. A T903 Fuller 5 speed. Other 5 speeds for pancake Cummins. A 6852 Spicer 5 speed for 3208/1160 CATs.

Misc. Allison automatics complete with bell housings/torque converters. Many many many differentials, either 5.29's or 4.63's or 4.11's. And drivelines. Also good tires in 12R22.5 or 11R22.5.

Complete Brake parts, but you're better off just buying new, they are cheap anyway.

Everything is inspected and guaranteed. I know almost everything about Crowns and Gilligs, also Ford F250, F350, F600, B700, F800, F900. I have manuals, schematics, many many many many many many many parts, engines, trannies, diffs.

My advice is free 24/7. I know as much or (maybe) more about Gilligs than anyone on the West Coast, maybe the U.S. I've owned 40+ Gilligs, 35 Crowns, every possible engine/tranny configuration, and have dismantled about 30.

I've been a mechanic for 53 years, buses for about 28 years. There is very little I do not know, and if there is I can find it out quickly.

I've rebuilt two engines so far, owned 1, 2, 4, 6 and 8 cylinder diesels to include Nissan, Lister-Petter, Cummins, CATs, Detroit Diesels, IHC, Isuzu, Mercedes, Hercules and a few more I've probably forgot.

Fabrication of most anything in steel to include custom tow set ups, tow bars and hitches, and general gas and arc welding.

Patrick Young FRESNO, CA (559) 251-3814 or (559) 513-9639. Once again FREE advice on any mechanical topic 24/7 anytime.

𝐈𝐟 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞, 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐭 𝟐𝐗 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭.

Limited road service $60 per hour from Fresno, CA, to include blow outs tires. Must pay BEFORE I go on the road.
I carry self supporting gen-set, compressor, jacks, etc.

Bus inspection and repair help in all 50 states, Latin America and internationally if you provide air fare and lodging. I will also camp out in good weather, I like camping out.

Yo hablo espanol tambien. Central America and Mexico are familiar backyards. And I don't take any crap from the police or military, Guaranteed.

Sockets and wrenches up to 1 1/2", drives to include 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 3/4" and 1 inch. Same for air tools.

Use my skills/access my parts now, I am dying of cirrhosis and probably won't be available past 2025.

(Didn't mean to bum you out. I may last longer, I am STRONG WILLED! and have a 9 year old son to raise and educate, soooooo ....)

(559) 244-1042
(559) 251-3814
mailto:WheelchairBusProject@yahoo.com
https://fresnoalliance.com/WheelchairProject
Old 11-14-2019, 06:18 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Chassis: Phantom
Engine: CAT 3208
Rated Cap: 87, says Gillig...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligs/Crowns and Parts View Post
I have several fresh 6V92's for sale at great prices. Also DT466 Internationals.
Patrick, where have you been all my life...?

I am currently in the middle of converting my 1986 Gillig Phantom.

I could definitely use some wiring diagrams/schematics...

I will also be looking for a set of decent wheel well rubbers / fender flares (not sure of the correct nomenclature). Mine are in pretty poor condition.

I'm sure I will be looking for more stuff in the future... Stick around.
Old 11-14-2019, 06:23 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Are you the guy with Crown windshields?
Old 11-15-2019, 04:51 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Are you the guy with Crown windshields?
Hello. I have Crown windshields and for that matter ALL Crown glass, but my windshields are just flat glass, not curved.

Call me if you'd like, I take calls up to midnite seven days a week.

(559) 251-3814

My new cel number is (559) 513-9639. Please try to avoid texting until I can figure out how to respond to them. My first number (559) 251-3814 is much better for me.

Thanks

Patrick Young
Wheelchair Project
Fresno, CA
(559) 244-1042
(559) 251-3814
Old 11-15-2019, 05:03 AM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortEagle View Post
Patrick, where have you been all my life...?

I am currently in the middle of converting my 1986 Gillig Phantom.

I could definitely use some wiring diagrams/schematics...

I will also be looking for a set of decent wheel well rubbers / fender flares (not sure of the correct nomenclature). Mine are in pretty poor condition.

I'm sure I will be looking for more stuff in the future... Stick around.
hello

I own two complete Phantoms with all parts available. Blown engines tho, I think one's is a CAT 3116/3126, the other has the engine out but the rest is intact.

I charge the low and I'll beat it by 10%est prices for parts in the USA. Find your best deal (for GUARANTEED stuff, no "maybe it works") and I'll beat it by 10%.

Everything I sell will be inspected by Bayshore Truck Parts (trannies and diffs) or Jock the former shop foreman at Valley Detroit Allison, whose specialty is Allison automatics of all types. I only work with the best.

Please call me at (559) 251-3814. I take calls seven days a week from about 8 a.m.

'til midnite. I only sleep about 5-6 hours a day, then I get up and fix something

I'll probably be on the road Friday nite, Saturday and perhaps Sunday. Call me at my cel# It is (559) 513-9639

If you ever need onsite help with your Phantom, I'll fly out. I'm $200 a day plus expenses (room, food, and rent a car) and guarantee a 10 hour day minimum. That's really a good rate. But I will charge from the moment I arrive at my local airport. And I will bring my own tools.
You must pay in advance before I will travel.

Thanks

Patrick Young
Wheelchair Project
Fresno, CA
(559) 244-1042
(559) 251-3814
Old 11-15-2019, 06:36 AM   #6
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 14
I see you have differentials ... I'm looking to swap my N175 axle from a 5.38 ratio to something 4.11 (or numerically lower). Feel free to PM me to discuss. I'll need shipping to GA.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:20 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligs/Crowns and Parts View Post
hello

I own two complete Phantoms with all parts available. Blown engines tho, I think one's is a CAT 3116/3126, the other has the engine out but the rest is intact.

I charge the low and I'll beat it by 10%est prices for parts in the USA. Find your best deal (for GUARANTEED stuff, no "maybe it works") and I'll beat it by 10%.

Everything I sell will be inspected by Bayshore Truck Parts (trannies and diffs) or Jock the former shop foreman at Valley Detroit Allison, whose specialty is Allison automatics of all types. I only work with the best.

Please call me at (559) 251-3814. I take calls seven days a week from about 8 a.m.

'til midnite. I only sleep about 5-6 hours a day, then I get up and fix something

I'll probably be on the road Friday nite, Saturday and perhaps Sunday. Call me at my cel# It is (559) 513-9639

If you ever need onsite help with your Phantom, I'll fly out. I'm $200 a day plus expenses (room, food, and rent a car) and guarantee a 10 hour day minimum. That's really a good rate. But I will charge from the moment I arrive at my local airport. And I will bring my own tools.
You must pay in advance before I will travel.

Thanks

Patrick Young
Wheelchair Project
Fresno, CA
Patrick, I asked you about Gillig wiring diagrams and fender lips/flares/whatever they're called... and I get this??? I could really use a reliable and trustworthy source for some Gillig Phantom parts and info, however, IMO the above sales pitch repeated across several threads here does not lend to your credibility.

You may be the lord god of Gilligs. You may be an awesome dude. However, IMO your activity here is suspect and makes you appear sketchy... In the 12 years you have been a forum member, is there any other forum member with whom you have done business? And why is there a 12 year span with no posts and now you are back?

It's pretty easy to post pics here... How about some pics of your "...two complete Phantoms with all parts available..."?

Or how about 'Yes Rick, I have the wiring diagrams you seek, here's a pic of them. I can send you a copy for $XX'...
Old 11-15-2019, 06:50 PM   #8
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
You may be the lord god of Gilligs.
Well, I mean, he knows Fords too.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:51 PM   #9
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC/AMTRANS RE
Engine: T444E 7.3 w/ MD3060
Rated Cap: 36000lbs / 78pass / 39'
Quote:
Patrick, I asked you about Gillig wiring diagrams and fender lips/flares/whatever they're called... and I get this??? I could really use a reliable and trustworthy source for some Gillig Phantom parts and info, however, IMO the above sales pitch repeated across several threads here does not lend to your credibility.

You may be the lord god of Gilligs. You may be an awesome dude. However, IMO your activity here is suspect and makes you appear sketchy... In the 12 years you have been a forum member, is there any other forum member with whom you have done business? And why is there a 12 year span with no posts and now you are back?

It's pretty easy to post pics here... How about some pics of your "...two complete Phantoms with all parts available..."?

Or how about 'Yes Rick, I have the wiring diagrams you seek, here's a pic of them. I can send you a copy for $XX'...
He has been spamming alot on here and not directly answering any of the on topic questions he replied to, just ads and boasting about how great he claims to be on this and that. Agreed dude is sketchy indeed.
If you would like to check out my website that has all sort of information especially for the T444E/7.3PSD engines check out www.PatrickTheSalvageGuy.com I've got helpful downloads and articles as well as a link to my YT for other how to videos mainly on the F series trucks.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:29 AM   #10
Bus Geek

Call him late at night and find out lol. We need to verify the number.
Old 11-16-2019, 05:28 AM   #11
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickBaptist View Post
He has been spamming alot on here and not directly answering any of the on topic questions ...
Quote:
Call him late at night and find out lol. We need to verify the number.
Well, evidently someone on the forum knows Patrick. I saw this post after I wrote the post above... I was hoping Patrick or Alan N would have posted overnight to help clear this up.
Old 11-16-2019, 05:44 AM   #12
Bus Geek

Quote:
Well, evidently someone on the forum knows Patrick. I saw this post after I wrote the post above... I was hoping Patrick or Alan N would have posted overnight to help clear this up.
Not everyone approaches forums and chats the same. Back in the day there was an eccentric older man selling RARE old vw stuff. Rarest of the Rare. His name was Phil Wiener. The only way to see what he had was go to his garage or send him a self addressed stamped envelope. He'd mail you polaroids of rare old items if you promised to mail them back.
I got some amazing deals on stuff that's unobtainium now.

I've not dealt with this guy, but I'd hesitate to call him a scammer or anything like that. He did answer my question about Crown windshields. Unfortunately for you Crown nerds he has no curved glass.

As old and un-modern as Crowns are I'd expect equally un-modern experiences dealing with Crown folks.

Old 11-16-2019, 10:22 AM   #13
Bus Nut

Quote:
...As old and un-modern as Crowns are I'd expect equally un-modern experiences dealing with Crown folks...
Yes, but have you ever "...seen one in the wild..." and been able to actually "...touch it..."? It appears to be a truly life changing experience.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:23 AM   #14
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Yes, but have you ever "...seen one in the wild..." and been able to actually "...touch it..."? It appears to be a truly life changing experience.
I'm honestly glad I didn't know anything about Crowns until after I'd bought my bus. They're really gorgeous.
Old 11-16-2019, 01:29 PM   #15
Bus Geek

Quote:
LOL right???
Old 11-16-2019, 04:07 PM   #16
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
I was visiting San Juan Capistrano a few years ago and looked across the street at the Mission and saw about 10 Crown's lined up taking kids to tour the mission.

I fell in love immediately.

If I thought that I had the budget to do one justice I would dump my Bluebird in a second.
Old 11-16-2019, 06:32 PM   #17
Skoolie

Quote:

I tend to agree with EastCoastCB. More below his comment.

Quote:
Not everyone approaches forums and chats the same. Back in the day there was an eccentric older man selling RARE old vw stuff. Rarest of the Rare. His name was Phil Wiener. The only way to see what he had was go to his garage or send him a self addressed stamped envelope. He'd mail you polaroids of rare old items if you promised to mail them back.
I got some amazing deals on stuff that's unobtainium now.

I've not dealt with this guy, but I'd hesitate to call him a scammer or anything like that. He did answer my question about Crown windshields. Unfortunately for you Crown nerds he has no curved glass.

As old and un-modern as Crowns are I'd expect equally un-modern experiences dealing with Crown folks.

I mentioned that he was "spamming" the board, but I don't really see any evidence of attempted scamming. With 53 years wrenching, the dude is in his 70s. In *another thread (?) he mentions just getting a new cell phone, and suggests using his land line till he gets the cell figured out. He also mentioned my friend Al Jennings selling Crowns and Gilligs, and directs you to find a facebook page (that I used to follow). Al is indeed the admin of that page, and reconditions and sells Crowns and Gilligs.
I still see Patrick's actions here as spamming, but also, I don't imagine that he's tech savvy, and just doing what can to earn a living. I don't doubt that he exists as a real person, or that he has decades of experience, or a yard full of buses and parts. It would be pretty easy for me to find out, as I also live in Fresno. He just doesn't have anything that interests me.
Old 11-16-2019, 06:42 PM   #18
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
New resources for knowledge and parts & pieces is a good resource.

How this gent has offered is a little crude. If he were to participate in the forums and offer his parts and service in addition to giving value to the forum he may me received with more enthusiasm.
Old 11-17-2019, 02:44 AM   #19
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
New resources for knowledge and parts & pieces is a good resource.

How this gent has offered is a little crude. If he were to participate in the forums and offer his parts and service in addition to giving value to the forum he may me received with more enthusiasm.
You mean with posts like this one that he just made?

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f38/ur...tml#post359243
Old 11-17-2019, 08:43 AM   #20
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC/AMTRANS RE
Engine: T444E 7.3 w/ MD3060
Rated Cap: 36000lbs / 78pass / 39'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native View Post
You mean with posts like this one that he just made?

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f38/ur...tml#post359243
That was only after a few of us starting griping about how he was using the forum and not responding to the questions at hand he was posting on.
If you would like to check out my website that has all sort of information especially for the T444E/7.3PSD engines check out www.PatrickTheSalvageGuy.com I've got helpful downloads and articles as well as a link to my YT for other how to videos mainly on the F series trucks.
Closed Thread