Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2006, 08:18 AM   #1
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Master Cylinder

Well...this is kind of out there for this forum, but I've posted it on all the other forums I belong to. I'm bound to get a hit somewhere....I hope.

I'm looking for the master cylinder and booster from a Toyota T-100. One with the 3VZFE or 5VZFE V-6 would be prefererd because they have a slightly larger bore than the 2RZ and 3RZ trucks, but either would work.

Another option would be the master cylindre off a 3VZFE powered pick up or motorhome chassis. I figure there might be SOMEONE on this board that has raped an old Dolphin motorhome for interior parts. The T-100 combo is still my first choice because it has a bigger bore than my stock master cylinder and the booster uses dual diaphrams so it would requir less effort to stop, but I'm a big boy and I could probably handle just having the bigger bore of the V-6 truck master cylinder.

The last option is the master cylindre off a Chevy or GMC truck, but that option least desirable because I don't want to have to buy all the metric to SAE line adapters plus the $100 brake booster adapter. A lot of them are too big as well (I would need the 15/16 bore I believe) so they would take a lot of effort and result in a lot of Swamper locking in low traction conditions.

There's nothing wrong with my current master cylinder, but I have ome upgraded front brakes on the truck using BIG 4 piston calipers and I modified the rear load sensing proportioning valve to allow more flow so the stock master cylinder has too much travel for my liking and double pumping it to lock things up in a hurry offroad is a pain.