Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #1

MCI 102A3 - 6V92TA / A 740 for sale

Hi guys, I know it's not a Skoolie but thought I would put it on here anyways!

** PRICE 7300.00 **

Doesn't have an odometer, has an hours meter which is at 13,000 hours. Rough estimates put it at 800,000 miles. Considering they are engineered to last 3Million miles / 30 years. That's really nothing!

Up for sale is a 1986 MCI 102A3 coach bus.

Please call or text to 505-350-1521 or respond via e-mail.

I will also throw in over 250.00 worth of books/videos and notes on how to convert a motorhome. I have all of the books/materials from busconversionbooks.com
I would consider trading for a 5th wheel or travel trailer, either full or partial trade (I will pay cash for the difference if your 5th wheel is more expensive)
Has half a tank of gas! Aprox 60-75 Gallons

We bought this bus with the intention of converting it to a motorhome, but realized we bit off a little more than we could chew. The bus starts up right away and was driven from Orlando to Dothan a few months ago. Cruises on the highway up to 75 no problem. It has a Detroit Diesel 6V92TA and an Allison 740 automatic transmission. The Air builds up and holds well, tires have 85-90% tread and no dry rot.

These coach buses are very common motorhome conversions because they are designed and built to run for 30 years and 1,000,000 + miles. They are built out of mostly Stainless Steel and Aluminum so rust is very minimal and usually not an issue.

One great thing about this specific model is that the 102 Series buses are 6" wider than other coach's. Those 6" really make a big difference if your going to be living/vacationing in it!
Has a heavy duty 35,000 BTU AC unit made by American Cooling Technologies. I cannot get it to turn on, I was told when I bought it a fuse needed replacing. This AC unit alone costs over 3,500 brand new...
Currently bus has had the seats/bathroom/overheads taken out. Interior ceiling skin has been removed, needs to be cleaned, painted with corroseal and insulated with the foam board.

I have a bunch of blue foam board and laminate floor that goes with the bus. Also have a gallon of corroseal (was going to use this to paint the interior frame to prevent rust).

Please call or text to 505-350-1521 or respond via e-mail.

topfrog007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Re: MCI 102A3 - 6V92TA / A 740 for sale

if i missed it... You need to post the price, as well as drive train mileage, etc.
It would make a nice conversion. these busses are normally discussed on the busconversions.com forum.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #3

Re: MCI 102A3 - 6V92TA / A 740 for sale

Thanks Chev. Added those details.
topfrog007 is offline   Reply With Quote